1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Greckan Race Mod v1.2.5a (SB v1.3.3)

Adding A New Race Of Diplomatic Denizens To Your Universe!

1. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

2. Mistercloud

Mistercloud Seal Broken

//Thank you that's definitely what I was looking for !
    //
    //There's a bug with the new update. The wall is cut and there's an invisible floor where the previous floor //was. I'm guessing a problem with the resizing.

Edit : Nevermind it was my fault. The .shipworld and the .bak have to be removed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  3. bob10234

bob10234 Void-Bound Voyager

Could you add more screenshots please :nuruhappy:

4. Inf_Wolf14

Presentable implies visuals, visuals imply pictures, pictures imply screenshots. :)

5. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 updated Greckan Race Mod with a new update entry:

Yet Another Upgrade!

Same deal as last upgrade, but replace 'T5' with 'T6'.

(This is instructions for users with an existing T5 ship should they want to get the ship without deleting their characters.
    First, create a backup of your character. ALWAYS DO THIS ANYWAYS!
    Move ALL objects and items you want to keep off your ship, including items in containers AND the container.
    (This process, I believe, deletes crew members. I am not sure, so I warn of this here.)
    Go into your game files. "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/storage/player"
    Here, delete the .shipworld file for your character. I've no idea how to identify what file is to what character, so make sure you have a BACKUP!
    When entering the game, if the proper file was deleted, your Greckan will be back to the initial, dark ship.
    Type /admin. Type /spawnitem shipT5. Use this item.
    Type /admin again to deactivate admin mode, and start replacing your furniture.
    With luck, this should get you to a position with the new ship, without having to make a new character. Making a new character each update is highly recommended; However, I feel some users won't wish to do this.)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Mistercloud likes this.
  6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Just to let people know, mods do NOT go in the giraffe_storage folder as it says in the instructions.

Mods go in the

\starbound\mods\

Folder instead.

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  7. Inf_Wolf14

My bad, the copypasta was bad that day.
    (This is what I get for using that folder to store my stuff...)

8. AArticuno3

AArticuno3 Big Damn Hero

Could you upload a version where the crystals make up all of the hair? It looks like the crystals are just a hat on the original and I think it would look much better if you made the crystals cover their whole head.

9. Inf_Wolf14

Its not as good looking as you think...
    head_demo1.png
    head_demo2.png
    head_demo3.png
    head_demo4.png
    Or maybe, it is. I personally thought it looked worse this way. Adding more crystals is actually hard given the size of the head.
    Ill consider adding a "no hair" hair style though to have a compromise to the appearance.

I'm reluctant to remove hair entirely, but maybe in the future, after the base mechanics are finished, and depending on the feedback.

AArticuno3 likes this.
  10. AArticuno3

AArticuno3 Big Damn Hero

What I meant is replace the hair with more crystals/tiny crystals.

P.S. Maybe add some crystals on the back?
    P.P.S. What Im trying to say is they don't look different enough
    P.P.P.S. Though I like your concept and mod very much!!

11. Inf_Wolf14

Hello again!
    This time, I've come around with a bit of a more... informational update:

Because of the decision to move away from the ship to finish a couple other features, sadly, the next update may not be for a couple days...
    • Adding more and more patches for the object descriptions.
    • Fleshing out the lore little by little. (Once a solid form can be written up, transcribing it to codexes is simple.)
    • Slowly working on the armor tiers. (Easier compared to the other goals, but still my least favorite.)
    • And finally the generation of Greckan villages with proper, functioning NPCs with custom dialog.
    Speaking of villages...

preview1.png
    preview2.png
    preview3.png
    preview4.png

Although be aware, new towns have... Unexpected side effects...
    preview...wut.png
    ...Like flying Alpacas...

Oh well. Until next time!

Mistercloud likes this.
  12. Mistercloud

Mistercloud Seal Broken

Like always, Amazing !

13. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I've seen little islands spawning like that in 1.0.5 even without this mod, so I'm not entirely sure it is your mod causing it, unless you're trying to tweak how terrain generation works. Adding villages to the spawn list isn't going to cause existing buildings to start spawning on floating islands.

14. Inf_Wolf14

Nah the dungeons require free space above them when generating.
    There was a house of mine below that island. It cut part of the mountain and the island happened.
    Ill just have to extend it a little farther upward.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  15. Inf_Wolf14

A BIG Night on the Town!

16. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

"-If any Greckan NPCs suddenly die/despawn, unless killed, please report you log. This is likely an error concerning dialog, and I'm not sure I caught all bugs."

I'm afraid this is not an error on your part, but CF's own. NPCs do this in completely unmodified games as of right now. Hoping for a fix soon...

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  17. Inf_Wolf14

Not entirely. Ive had NPCs die when they should be playing dialog.
    After checking my log, it trails back to errors in the dialog patches I've made.

It may be an official bug or my bug. Either way, if it happens with my NPCs, the log can tell me if I do or don't have any errors to solve.

18. Inf_Wolf14

A Small Update

19. Inf_Wolf14

Apologies in advance if there are any bugs with the tenant system. I did not have much time to debug any issues aside from making sure Starbound loaded.

If there is anything crashing or game-breaking bugs, attach a log here and tell me what happened and I'll try my best to shoot out a fix.

-Inf_Wolf14

20. Mistercloud

Mistercloud Seal Broken

The first village I have found ! It's really cool !

Attached Files: