1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest thing you did today on StarBound?/ Something you found awesome?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kyon, Dec 5, 2013.

?

How many hours did you play today?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2013.
  1. Not much.

9.6%
  2. A decent amount of time.

27.4%
  3. I'm still playing, but I just dropped by here to see what's up.

37.8%
  4. The only place I've been besides my PC today is the bathroom and the refrigerator.

37.0%
  1. Zehrok

Zehrok Void-Bound Voyager

Kind of a 15-day bump, but I may as well say my bit. I dug deeper and deeper, down through the flesh biome, getting tons of bones for my evil home. As I mined, I noticed an unnatural light exploding out of a structure. It was an Avian tomb, 20 blocks above the lava layer. I found a cowboy hat and nothing else. This is actually the best experience I have ever had, because now I can pretend to be in a western with the animals or NPCs (I have no friends :cry:).

espedair likes this.
  2. Shakar

Shakar Phantasmal Quasar

I found this today. Seems like a village, but all the npcs are guards of sorts... which will not attack you when you have a weapon drawn. Found this on a desert world within a bone surface biome. Interesting bit, APEX npcs with Glitch-Style buildings.
    [​IMG]

3. Eridan Ampora

Eridan Ampora Scruffy Nerf-Herder

After losing my entire house to a random meteor strike, I packed up all my things that survived and moved to a new (meteor-free!) planet. My house is still under construction but it's close to being done! It's bigger and better than my old one, and I'm kind of glad that the meteor gave me an excuse to rebuild.

[​IMG]

This isn't all of it, but it's the main chunk. Now I just have to get some roof tiles, avian furniture and some other misc stuff and I'll be set!

Shakar likes this.
  4. Zehrok

Zehrok Void-Bound Voyager

Does your Avian bleed violet?

On-topic, that's a nice base, but is that dirt on the top permanent? Or just a scaffolding? I will not rest until I know the answer.

5. Eridan Ampora

Eridan Ampora Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's just temporary until I'm motivated enough to get off my arse and destroy a glitch castle's roof and gather some roof tiles, hehehe.

6. tacoswithfriends

tacoswithfriends Subatomic Cosmonaut

While we're talking bases, I'll post a snap shot of my main base.

[​IMG]

It's the Central Hub of my research complex. I've also got a living facility and a more scientific building.

7. Th3down0ad3r

Th3down0ad3r Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have finished modifying my ship. The "Excalibur" Wichita fit my char. And sat around "testing" nukes and other stuff.

espedair likes this.
  8. Stormquake

Stormquake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I didn't play Starbound today, but I did eat a banana, so things are pretty great.

espedair likes this.
  9. FlyingFry

FlyingFry Aquatic Astronaut

Got some purple'ish dirt! Yeah! Now I can build grapes...

10. Prince Popper

Prince Popper Subatomic Cosmonaut

lel don't get a mac

potatomutt likes this.
  11. potatomutt

potatomutt Void-Bound Voyager

I made a house in a snow biome on nightly. Took forever cause every snow planet is too cold and i freeze instantly :rofl: Now that ive seen alot of bases im off to make one lol

EDIT:Huzzah! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  12. cameronrae12

cameronrae12 Void-Bound Voyager

all i can say is ive been playing since realese and havent stopped every update makes me more loving of it

13. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, I guess the JSON coding system (can't really call that a mechanic, I guess), is by far one of the things I had and still have the most fun with, mostly for the sillyness of it and the fact that the others are like "WAAAAAAAH, Howd'yu do DAT?!"
    Ain't I right, @TheCobaltMask? x)

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  14. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

A jolly good time indeed :3
    The most fun I have with Starbound is: building, playing with friends, and creating characters

15. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

I found an arctic planet with pink sky during the day and aurora during the night.

[​IMG]

All is good.

16. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Tyle likes this.
  17. Umbrilla

Umbrilla Scruffy Nerf-Herder

After many days of hard work, I've finally crafted one of them flyer things from Frackin' Universe.

Waffle-Chan likes this.