1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest thing you did today on StarBound?/ Something you found awesome?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kyon, Dec 5, 2013.

?

How many hours did you play today?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2013.
  1. Not much.

9.6%
  2. A decent amount of time.

27.4%
  3. I'm still playing, but I just dropped by here to see what's up.

37.8%
  4. The only place I've been besides my PC today is the bathroom and the refrigerator.

37.0%
  1. Haetron

Haetron Space Hobo

I found a planet with a massive prison on it, and once I broke through the layer of sandstone on the surface, it was made of nothing but bloody meat and bones. I was impressed.

2. Marianne Asteri

Marianne Asteri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I managed to stop playing Starbound and do some work.
    Twas' a remarkable achievement. :megusta:

Yzzey and Professor Clarion like this.
  3. espedair

espedair Aquatic Astronaut

I found a planet of ape people with a six tier base. So I blocked them all in and took it all with me! Anyone want a fridge? I've got 6! Love this game :D

Yzzey and ethan22212 like this.
  4. loc978

loc978 Phantasmal Quasar

I discovered metal trees on a magma planet, looted an overdrive guitar on said planet (and played Guile's Theme on it), upgraded to a diamond drill... and found a useless but awesome grenade launcher.

Oh, I also made a peanut butter trap. I think I'll use it tomorrow...

glider521al likes this.
  5. thestalkinghead

thestalkinghead Big Damn Hero

i found an underground city for tiny people, and then i smashed all their houses for pixels :oops: and on another planet i found an underground lizard man that sold lanterns and gold pickaxes

6. Ensiferum

Ensiferum Lucky Number 13

I found a system called Horsebutt. There was a cowboy hat in a chest.

That's what I did today.

7. Slashll2

Slashll2 Void-Bound Voyager

I started on the surface of my -BIG- planet
    Went ALL the way to the lava (at the core)
    sank INTO the lava (nano bandages, gotta love 'em)
    swam up RIGHT before hitting the deathzone (the very bottom of the map which kills on touch)
    And proceeded to go ALL the way back up without dying by screaming monsters with no eyes.

Like a sir. :proper:

Yzzey likes this.
  8. Myels

Myels Industrial Terraformer

jfe2 likes this.
  9. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I finished building a large-scale production farm on an X-sector snow biome planet. I have a skyrail network (about 50% completed...titanium is proving a real pain in the butt to find in mass quantities!) that transports me from a Glitch castle where I have taken up residence to the various farming outposts.

Why have outposts? Well, I was experiencing massive video lag (like 3 frames per second) when I had all of my crops clustered together. I found that spreading them out minimizes this lag considerably.

I realize that most likely this is going to be lost in the upcoming wipe, but it is allowing me to figure out plans for future development. I think what I'm going to do is build underneath a Glitch castle. I am planning a massive underground network of high-tech bases, dormitories, cafeterias, etc. with outlying farm plots protected by turret pillboxes.

10. Tasia

Tasia Subatomic Cosmonaut

base01.png base03.png base06.png base07.png

found this base just a bit away from a mushroom village

jfe2 likes this.
  11. Ragdollphysics34

Ragdollphysics34 Orbital Explorer

I've been looking for some people to play online with. Lemme know if anyone would be interested. I have only had the game a couple days, but I've followed it for a while and I was a big terraria fan

12. Started a new hylotl character and when I went down to my starter planet I took a few steps to my right were 2 tech chest both with tech in them :rofl:, it was a very welcome surprise.

13. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Tested a Mech mod, and thought of a backstory for my second character

Yzzey likes this.
  14. Sherio88

Sherio88 Big Damn Hero

I added on to my Lab. The Arboretum.

15. reversePsychologist

reversePsychologist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Today I re-reached the fourth tier with my floran for the third time (and this time it ain't gonna be wiped), found very cool V shaped structures in a bone biome and made the tragic choice of building a storage of all my valuables in a planet, apparently, subject to meteorite falls. Is there ANYWHERE my stuff is safe outside of the ship? This is actually stressful.

16. Starboundcommunity566

Starboundcommunity566 Pangalactic Porcupine

I didn't really play, I got a bunch of pixel art programs because my sai and artweaver wasn't cutting it. I didn't want to see if the resource hog corel painter would do it. To draw some stuff for in game. GraphicsGale I got wasn't making transparencies right so I had to get paintdotnet. Then it worked out okay.

Then I drew it and tested it in game a little. And all was okay.

17. Daimoth

Daimoth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Started making Hellbound, my mod. So far I've got a chest that looks like a large disembodied eyeball. Going to see if I make a bucket next.

Update: it's unclear if anything in the game can interact with water in a useful way, bucket on hold.

• Added decorative blood spatter

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  18. MarcusDemonicus

MarcusDemonicus Space Kumquat

about 6 hours. got my skyrail to about 2/3s around my home planet so far. built a hazmat bunker filled with radioactive barrels. explored a few desert planets and surfed for titanium for the skyrails. another 2 hours to play or so yet today.

Tasia likes this.
  19. espedair

espedair Aquatic Astronaut

Found a huge temple with multiple tombs in. Filled all my capacity with relics like rabbit statues twice the size of me and gold avian symbols. Each item is worth between 700 and 15000 pixels! I wish I could sell this haul and be set for life!

20. Le updated Starbound.