1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest thing you did today on StarBound?/ Something you found awesome?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kyon, Dec 5, 2013.

?

How many hours did you play today?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2013.
  1. Not much.

9.6%
  2. A decent amount of time.

27.4%
  3. I'm still playing, but I just dropped by here to see what's up.

37.8%
  4. The only place I've been besides my PC today is the bathroom and the refrigerator.

37.0%
  1. Accidental double-post. Soz

2. throwin_eggs

throwin_eggs Space Hobo

Beat the first boss twice, using a modified USCM Penal Colony as a bunker, now I'm just kinda trying to find diamonds or platinum (not sure which is next) as my golden pickaxe is all worn out, and being really cautious on beta sector planets... and dying occasionally

3. Plystire

Plystire Star Wrangler

Just recently, I explored about 3 TL30 worlds scavenging for the best weapons available to me before fighting the 3rd boss.
    On one world I found a wonderful axe that swings fast, hits hard, and poisons with 30 armor penetration.
    On another world I found a flamethrower!!! It kinda medium range, but it shoots very fast, burns, and has 31 armor penetration.

[EDIT] Not sure how to make a collapsable spoiler section on these boards... so I just took it out.X3

~Plystire

4. oldar

oldar Void-Bound Voyager

I was running on a MacBook air from 2010 with 10.7.5 OSX and as soon as I downloaded it on steam and opened it, it would immediately crash. Then I upgraded to OS X Maverick, and voila!

5. Misteropie

Misteropie Phantasmal Quasar

Well you see, 10.8+ doesn't really support CS4 so I'm either waiting for a SB that supports older Macs, or playing on my really old laptop that unfortunately is very slow while running SB. At times, I really can't take it.

6. HostileChild

HostileChild Void-Bound Voyager

Ive played like 10hours today and got the best gear and killed all the main bosses so I guess Im done?

7. Holgast

Holgast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Summoned 3 bone dragons and fought them all at once. Twitch / Youtube.

8. enderpony

enderpony Void-Bound Voyager

found metal coated trees and 2 mech techs. the metal trees sound awesome when they fall, like a whale sound.

9. Deathsdoll

Deathsdoll Pangalactic Porcupine

Sat on my deck and looked out over my farm will miss it, but it can be remade :)

Professor Clarion likes this.
  10. xXAinSophAurXx

xXAinSophAurXx Intergalactic Tourist

My coolest thing was my character name, Dustcrown (an Avian) , and when I got a Glitch kings crown. The name was a random generation but I really liked it, so much so that I may use it over and over again for several future characters. It got even more amazing when I found the crown. I put it on just for laughs, seeing what it was like. Its a dark grayish color, same as my Avians feather coloring, and it hit me suddenly...I had found my crown. My Dustcrown. And it fit SO WELL and I just sort of had a moment of realization as to how incredible it all fit together and made me love the game all the more ^.^ Its a bit silly but it still felt awesome at the time. Especially when I found the All-seeing Cape and felt like a real king :D

11. Starhound

Starhound Void-Bound Voyager

I found a toxic backpack that generates energy in sunlight. THEN a while later I found the Gravity Bubble tech. I literally floated among the flying critters of the world for .... for a while. The backpack provided just enough juice that I only had to let the Bubble off for a second or two and go on my merry way. It was awesome, totally pulled me back into the game. Will miss it, my Floran is starting to become dangerous. My next will be an absolute terror, I promise.

12. Plnda

Plnda Industrial Terraformer

After the reset first planet first chest :D

[​IMG]

13. Holgast

Holgast Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I got 5 diamond ore.

14. glider521al

glider521al Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Refused to put my weapon away in a glitch village. Soon I was leading a conga line of angry guards (including 3 that I spawned, who turned against me) into the jungle.
    I then encountered about 5 night monsters, jumped over them , and watched the cross fire. The monsters mauled the gaurds with their barrage of bubble attacks.
    I picked up a star dagger from the captain's remains, though the guards who didn't follow me, weren't to happy to see me when I returned. The civilians didn't mind though... have I committed a crime? :eek:

You can repair pickaxes by right clicking them with ores like copper.

The dev's aren't against modding, especially as bugs happen alot. it's relatively simple to add recipe outputs to get your resources back, see this guide:

http://community.playstarbound.com/...crafting-station-create-custom-recipes.37902/

Makes short work of recovering progress after character wipe.

KingOrion likes this.
  15. KingOrion

KingOrion Void-Bound Voyager

Completed my Glitch-themed castle, having spent hours collecting the materials from a Glitch castle on a planet. I walked in and slaughtered the King and his guards, then built my own castle nearby just to spite them. With their castle in ruins, it's safe to say I won the war.

Little stuff like that really make Starbound unique. I wish building wasn't such a pain currently but I assume they'll be addressing that down the road.

16. ethan22212

ethan22212 Space Hobo

espedair likes this.
  17. NightofError

NightofError Pangalactic Porcupine

I along with a couple of friends took down seven of the first boss at once, was actually pretty interesting.

Note: We had not yet been to the Beta sector when this was done.

18. Tamarama

Tamarama Guest

Last time I played... Building a tower to the asteroids and putting some proximity detectors on my airlock, so that I lose much less water.

19. TheCourier

TheCourier Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mined 1200 iron and coal each so I could make enough steel. It wasn't the most exciting task to do.

20. RizingAzure

RizingAzure Orbital Explorer

I'm very much thrilled since I've found my first gun today. Didn't even realize I picked it up until I started emptying out my inventory.