1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Graviton Projectors - Broken V1.3

Defying Gravity!

1. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

Storm_UK updated Graviton Projectors with a new update entry:

Core changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. ShirraWhitefur

ShirraWhitefur Void-Bound Voyager

Just wanted to say, 'Hey, this is cool, and glad to see it's still active and updated and improved regularly', since I remember the first few versions, trying and enjoying them..
    .. And then life sucking me away from starbound for a bloody solid while.

Anywho, didn't have a chance to properly check out the previous version side from finishing the first quest or two to enable them, and yes.. crystals are a bugger to find. I didn't find any of those till I was already working on tier 5 armors.
    I'm wondering why you have decided to remove the quests? I'm okay with them in or out, it's just that I'm curious as to what's prompted the change-over. :)

Anyways, thanks for the nifty mod and the work you've put into it. :)

3. BlightFight

BlightFight Big Damn Hero

Could there be a class of Gravity Elevators that don't have the survivability improvements? I liked making a kind of "gravity cannon" by stacking a bunch of them close together.

Also, this is a really great mod. Seriously, you're amazing.

4. Storm_UK

ShirraWhitefur - Since I had made the quests become available from when a player hits the second tier of their ship, it seemed rather unfair that the quest demanded Crystals which wouldn't be available normally until after the player had completed the tier 5 Mechanical Testing quest and could safely visit Volcanic worlds. This way seemed a good compromise to me whilst giving Core Fragments a use beyond repairing the ship's thrusters.

BlightFight - Sorry but USCM safety regulations are pretty strict! Saying that, it doesn't mean that a weaponized graviton projector device of some kind is not being researched...

Thanks for the kind words both. (PS. Please vote on the mod as well if you care to ;))

5. ShirraWhitefur

ShirraWhitefur Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, yar, need to do that vote thing, heh.

My question is more.. why not tweak the -quest- to make grabby hands towards core fragments instead, and thus keep your quest? :) Still, regardless, thanks for the awesome. :)

6. imness

imness Space Hobo

SO I'm pretty confused I cannot get the quest to unlock the any of the tech I am on the third tier ship when I got this mod and it seems that I'm no longer able to the quest.... What do I do??

7. Storm_UK

Abandon the quest - you should be able to craft a Gravfield Manipulator from a Robotics Crafting Table now anyway, and the Graviton Magnifier necessary for that from the Wiring Table.

8. Storm_UK

9. Mahiaga

Mahiaga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love the idea of this mod, but I can't figure out how to use it. I'm not savvy enough with the various switches and logic circuits to wire it properly, I guess. It sends me up the elevator shaft perfectly, but once I'm up where I want to be I can't get back down because I can't figure out how to turn the pad off from there.

I know it's been asked before, but is there any way that you could either make a short tutorial .gif, or make a couple of explanatory screenshots showing the proper wiring configuration? Any help at all, even a link to someone else's tutorial on using the switches and logic circuits of the game (if such a tutorial exists), would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for all the hard work you put into this mod and the graphics you designed for it!

10. Storm_UK

Just interact with the graviton ring at the top of the elevator chain (no need to wire anything together) and it will signal the rest of the elevator to change setting.

You can wire a switch to the top graviton projector ring and a switch to the bottom graviton projector pad if you like. I'll see about adding some additional explanations to the overview.

11. Mahiaga

Mahiaga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I did as you said and now it works wonderfully! Thank you so much! ^.^

12. kenanthebarbarian

kenanthebarbarian Phantasmal Quasar

Received the following error with the latest version. It made my character unavailable in the menu but did not seem to corrupt the player files, as I was able to restore them by removing the mod.

Code:
    [22:42:48.156] Error: Failed to valid player with uuid 76b7fd7524d49495803f72ab57159aa6 : (CodexDatabaseException) No such codex 'gravitonsandyou1'

13. Storm_UK

The codex is in the mod (made sure to leave them in after removing quests so players who had already done them would be valid)... removing the mod should throw that error, not the other way round? I'm confuzzled.

14. kenanthebarbarian

kenanthebarbarian Phantasmal Quasar

It happened when replacing an older version of the mod with the newest. I put the older one back and it worked again.

15. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

16. Storm_UK

The 'holo blueprints' aren't functional (the architects table also shouldn't be available?) so I guess you're trying to use one through /admin. They are included for future compatibility with another mod I've been working on.

17. Lefl

Lefl Phantasmal Quasar

Is there a way to disable "disabling off state when connected to a button" of rails?
    I need it for turning the rails off at a certain point to drop down an elevator shaft, and i dont want to switch them manually all the time

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  18. Jidairo

Jidairo Big Damn Hero

Yeah, I tried using those, didn't quite work...

19. TheGnomeGuardian

TheGnomeGuardian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, stupid question. I've no clue how to install these, the .modpak files. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing. Could someone help me out?

20. Storm_UK

You should find a folder called giraffe_storage in your Starbound games folder. You need to place modpak files in the mods folder inside that, so the path is Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods/____.modpak.