Grass-like floor tile and hedge fence

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by shybobcat, May 3, 2019.

1. shybobcat

shybobcat Void-Bound Voyager

I have two suggestions for decorative items. One is the artificial grass flooring that mimics the look of short grass but acts like a floor tile. It should change the color with seasons just like regular grass, but prevent weeds and debris like regular pavement. The other is a green hedge fence. While looking at all the farm screenshots posted on the web, I noticed that well developed farms become a lot less green. All the available space is covered in stone or wood tiles. These two items could bring back a natural green look to the farms.

• Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am of the opinion that the best way to solve this is by making The Gold Clock prevent debris, weeds, _and_ seed-falls _and_ their resultant saplings so that grass itself with its lovely interactions smoothing over tile borders can be maintained without constant effort. Only tree seeds placed by the player should germinate after obtaining The Gold Clock, and ideally they will _always_ germinate or their tolerance for adjacent trees and/or blocked tiles will be significantly increased.