graphic improvement with HQ-filter or Super-Eagle

Discussion in 'Other' started by XeToRoG, Apr 26, 2013.

1. 4verse

4verse Subatomic Cosmonaut

bump in order not to forget this wtb-so-hard-feature

2. Creadoris

Creadoris Void-Bound Voyager

I am all for this. I created a thread recently to put this feature to a vote:

http://community.playstarbound.com/...d-graphics-option-hq4x-or-xbrz-scaling.61527/

Great pictures by the way. What program did you use to create them? or is this a texture pack?

3. DuB

DuB Subatomic Cosmonaut

Bump, want this soooo much

F-Dog likes this.
  4. Puddinsky

Puddinsky Big Damn Hero

That is bloody gorgeous. I'd not mind to have that in at all.

F-Dog likes this.
  5. Elate

Elate Spaceman Spiff

While it doesn't really add a whole lot, I can't see why it shouldn't be added (assuming it wouldn't impact performance massively.) I play Doom quite a bit, I can't remember version, but it has a similar graphics option and it's pretty neat.

6. F-Dog

F-Dog Space Spelunker

I really want to see an option implemented, even if it does impact performance those with better PC's should be given the option to improve their gaming experience to suit them. I for one believe this will make my experience more enjoyable, I love this game but I've never been a block / pixel gamer or at least not since the 80's.

Giving a broader range of options to suit all types of players is the key, we want everyone to enjoy it to the full after all :)

DuB likes this.
  7. SaraGames

SaraGames Void-Bound Voyager

Please don't let this idea die. I've been looking into it a lot over the last few days. One way that I see it could possibly be done is with one of the HQX or supereagle or XBR shaders in HLSL shader language paired with SweetFX. This is a possibility for modders, though I have not been able to find a shader version compatible with SweetFX as of yet. We may need to find someone who can write small changes to the shaders to make them work with SweetFX if Chucklefish never sees these type of posts.
    Long story short, it can be done! We...just have to figure out how. :p

F-Dog likes this.
  8. F-Dog

F-Dog Space Spelunker

Then it's important we make this Topic Viral to get the attention of someone who can!.

DuB likes this.
  9. drmadadha

drmadadha Space Hobo

yes DO IT

10. Harlander

Harlander Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Some very promising results... I personally favour the slightly more nuanced approach (filter the background, leave actors and text pixelly) but it it was optional that'd satisfy everyone.

11. Mckeviin

Mckeviin Void-Bound Voyager

How do i install it/use it? For Terraria and Starbound. I want too try it on both :$

12. DuB

DuB Subatomic Cosmonaut

bump what about this option? as a mod?

13. GorunNova

GorunNova Pangalactic Porcupine

If the standard display is rendered to a texture with the HQ implemented as a pixel shader operating on it, it should have virtually no impact at all, performance wise. I'm sure at least one emulator implements this filter as a pixel shader. This may be easier said than done, however... depending on how the image is constructed, and how much GPU overhead this game already has. Part of me wants to say 'very little', but I can't really say, not being privy to the code. ^^'

If it would be difficult to implement without redoing the graphics code, then I'd agree that it'd make a good post-release feature.

14. Fibriel Solaer

Fibriel Solaer Space Kumquat

Those filters are hilariously shoddy and ugly. As long as they're an option I'll leave them off and keep quiet, but they are really, really stupid.

15. TheDaltonBaker

TheDaltonBaker Void-Bound Voyager

I am all for it!

16. GoalLine

GoalLine Space Hobo

Bumped! THIS IS AMAZING!