1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Good source of Cotton Fibre

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by StaRustler, Jul 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StaRustler

StaRustler Aquatic Astronaut

I need to upgrade my armour to the next tier and that requires Cotton Wool. That requires Cotton Fibre. It seems to be rare and I have no source of it other than the one plant I have in my farm which sometimes produces 1 and sometimes doesn't even give me any. So does anyone have another good source of cotton fibre they know of?

2. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

I think finding more cotton plants is the only source i know off. You can allways go to other planets of the same type to find more plants.

3. GreenBanana

GreenBanana Void-Bound Voyager

Farm-grown cotton actually reaches the stage at which it should produce harvest-able cotton?

4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I gathered a good bunch just by buying a bit of fuel, travelling to a planet, run and harvest, tedius as hell but it worked, and fast.

5. Galactic Avatar

Galactic Avatar Cosmic Narwhal

I've found cotton on every starting planet of every toon I have made on stable... you basically just have to create a farm and harvest it. That's the quickest way to receive mass quantities of it from what I can tell.

6. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In my systems I've found cotton plants to be the most plentiful on forest planets. I've visited three forest planets so far, and all three have had at least three cotton plants to harvest (doing a loop-the-plant surface harvest).

7. Patpuc

Patpuc Void-Bound Voyager

Keep looking around for lush planets (you can tell what type of planet it is when you select to fly to it). You will find some cotton on the surface of lush planets. Harvest the cotton by pressing 'E" and then break the harvested cotton to get a cotton seed. Collect as many cotton seeds from different lush planets as you can and make a cotton farm.

8. augustinoi

augustinoi Void-Bound Voyager

Go tu luch planets

9. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Cotton Wool can be purchased directly from Infinity Express on the Outpost.

Discelieved likes this.
  10. Discelieved

Discelieved Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you.

11. Maethendias

Maethendias Phantasmal Quasar

a good rule of thumb, always collect seeds and store them on your ship... you never know when you need a specific plant

12. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please take a look at the date before replying to a topic and only reply if the topic is still relevant and you stay on-topic. Given the fact that the OP hasn't been online for 2 years i wouldn't call it relevant anymore.
    Also unnecessary thread necromancy is prohibited upon our Forum rules. :nuruwink:

Closing this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.