1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Good chance we'll get to see the 3rd Stretch Goal today

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Casm, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Casm

Casm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Anyone as excited as I am about that? I personally can't wait to see what's (potentially) in store.

Somanei likes this.
  2. LimeTwist

LimeTwist Subatomic Cosmonaut

so excitedddd. Hope it isnt a new race though. As cool as the novakids are I want to see another new idea. I was worried it would all be races but then fossils came and calmed my mind. They really do deserve this money for this amazing game though

StrayArctic, Kienan and Keadin like this.
  3. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

That is assuming there is a third stretch goal of course. If there is (and the site is already updated to respond properly) then I imagine it will only be a few hours or so till we know.

If there is going to be one, I too would be very curious as to what it would entail.

4. Casm

Casm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm pretty sure a 3rd stretch goal has already been confirmed. I remember reading that here yesterday somewhere....I could be wrong though.

5. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

I doubt today, prob tomorrow

6. NickName

NickName Cosmic Narwhal

Not for me my day ends in 40 minutes

Nesden and ThePhail like this.
  7. If there is 3rd Goal. o_O EDIT: There is One.

1 Million is a BIG thing to ask for Pre-orders of an Indie Game of this type, when there is NO trailer, ETAs... :sarcasm:

Landlaw, Zangoose, Nesden and 2 others like this.
  8. Ken_Chihuly

Ken_Chihuly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not sure we'd make it to a third goal, pre-orders have really slowed down.
    Though it just might take longer is all.
    But I do wonder what it is and what amount it'll be at.
    Hopefully less then one million, buuut I think that's where it'll be

*shrug*

9. Anonity

Anonity Aquatic Astronaut

It's not like it'd be hard for them to bring back a surge of pre-orders
    All they have to do is make like literally a five minute video of them playing the game a bit. That's it. The fact they haven't done this already makes this seem kinda sketchy anyway, but if people will shell out 750k for practically nothing to go off of, a gameplay vid should push 1 mil.

Attack_Fish likes this.
  10. Ken_Chihuly

Ken_Chihuly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah.. I'd think so to. Might go further when beta is announced, since pre-orders will stop once it begins.
    People might feel more inclined to get it then.

11. A BETA ETA would make it 2 mil ahah.

Now Serious there needs to be some awesome content showoff, that is an Trailer for help us convince our Friends and other people in the Internet to buy it.
    By the way Sales are slowing down, it would not reach it this Month. :sarcasm:

12. That's the Main motive because there will be the Likely Announce of how game Will Raise it's Price When BETA Starts! ;)

13. x6snake6x

x6snake6x Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm pretty curious myself. I can't wait to get my own pre-order. Hopefully this week. I have never been soooo low on dough :giggle: I'd also love to see more game content (as in trailer, gameplay video). That would be a neat little stretch goal/bonus.

14. Anonity

Anonity Aquatic Astronaut

The main concern I see people have with this game is the fact that we've seen nothing of it, (other than the usual "terraria clone blah blah blah") minus like 2 short vids showing off some physics which is nice, but doesn't show alot.
    Maybe if people actually got to see how the game played, more people would be swayed towards pre-order.

15. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

They're currently working on a trailer-type video and they're also giving access to popular youtubers such as TotalBiscuit, which will cause a big increase in preorders.

16. Casm

Casm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, a gameplay trailer would go a long ways in increasing pre-order revenue. As would an actual beta release date (or dare I say, an actual game release date).

17. PureWillkuer

PureWillkuer Starship Captain

In germany today is over in 20 minutes. So i thing i wont see it today :confused:

18. Casm

Casm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, perhaps 'today' is an ambiguous term. I should have just said, 'soon' :p

19. Something Huge would they Show an Story Cinematic of Starbound telling just a "taste" of the Story, after a while it starts showing off everything around Starbound, Exploration, You Ship, Building Houses, Physics, Exploring the Universe, How RANDOM is Everything, etc... A Small taste of everything for make people see this isn't a small Indie game like all others!

20. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

what do you guys think it will be to? i would say either 1,000,000 or 850,000