Mob Goo Monsters are too hard

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by H2K3theHunter, Dec 29, 2014.

?

Do you find the mining facility too hard (if you didnt spawn items or transfer them from servers)

1. Yes

14.3%
  2. No

85.7%
  1. H2K3theHunter

H2K3theHunter Aquatic Astronaut

Taking into consideration that it is impossible to progress without the Erchius crystals, the tier gear you can get, and how many of them there are, maybe I'm just not that good at combat, or maybe everyone else is experiencing this.

The Goo Monsters are way too hard.

Dealing Damage: As far as I know, no star system you spawn in isn't allowed to have titanium (I could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure since I've made about 20 different characters, each with no luck on titanium), making it extremely hard to not die. The steel pistol does about 2 segments per shot, and the rifle does about 4, both on the goo monster. 2 shots on the infected miner with a pistol does 1 segment, and a shot with a rifle does 1. This forces multiple runs with only going halfway.

Taking Damage: The Goo monsters can do 23 per hit with their ranged attack, and 12 with bash. At only 115 health, it is very hard to live through the whole thing.

PROGRESS IS RESET UPON DEATH: I wouldn't have such a problem with the monsters... If I didn't have to do the entire thing all over again when I die.

2. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, I did it at my 1st try, just prepare some bandages and food, a ranged weapon (at least compound bow), use the energy dash and block their attacks, it should be fine.

There's also some miners, let them help you.

Heartstrings likes this.
  3. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

I can kill most of them in 3-4 hits with dual blades. Try that. Just don't engage the really powerful not-quite-infected-yet miners at the end.

The Furreonist likes this.
  4. Tari

Tari Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had no problem with it, even as a primarily melee character. Of course, you can't just waltz through the entire thing, but it's nowhere near impossible. Just engage them one at a time, and if you need to heal, either use food/bandages, or the beds scattered throughout the mission.

5. Lobardi

Lobardi Star Wrangler

Having a shield does help, not when they do that weird fire attack as if you don't time it right it will go right through all of your blocks. But they can't actually jump you know so just hop onto a ledge and take pot-shots at them, I did that with a crossbow and I got through in about four tries. But I can honestly say it's easier to just run through as fast as you can just jamming red stimpacks into yourself, jumping over every threat and getting to the end as quick as possible.

Watch out for the mutated miners though, they may hit like run away ice-cream trucks but their range sucks.

6. H2K3theHunter

H2K3theHunter Aquatic Astronaut

My other problem, I just finished, and I lost both my consumables, and my crystals. ;-;

7. Precise Calibre

Precise Calibre Void-Bound Voyager

The enemies are so easy to dodge and predict that the only way you should die to them is through carelessness. The hammer-wielding goons at the end hit really hard, but have no range... you can snipe them from platforms.