1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Gold tier pack (NPC name generation)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Crescendo, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crescendo

Crescendo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm pretty sure this is in the right place considering it's about a pre order inquiry (if not however, inform me where it should go and I'll happily put it there so this one can be deleted.)

Essentially, I was curious how gender would work with the NPC name generation, I found a bit of useful info about NPCs would be sorted as either male, female or gender neutral. But is there a way to ensure the name I've selected would go into just one of these categories? Barring the other info I gained from a friend I've been unable to find anything about how this works and any way to make it so that my character gets the right gender.

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

As far as I know, you don't really get to do anything other than submit the name. My recommendation would be to make a name that leans towards whatever category you're aiming for. If you want the character to be female, make the name feminine to some extent. Aside from that, wish I could be of more help.

Becca likes this.
  3. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

I will delete this reply if it is basically hijacking the thread, but I think it'd be better if I do not create another.

My question is: On my Humble Bundle Gold Tier page and then into the actual rewards page, the options for the npc name can still be edited.

Whenever I clicked submit details in the past it never really gave any form of confirmation other than "your settings have been saved".

Now I believe it's not likely that you will be able to change since the name generator is already implemented.

But if I am wrong, do tell.

4. Crescendo

Ah, two problems here being 1: my name's already submitted and I'm unaware of being able to change it and 2: The NPC in question is named after my partner's nickname "Khatsworth" which is..well, ambiguous to say the least and we'd both want it to be female if at all possible.

Still, I appreciate any response even if nothing can be done, so thank you regardless.

5. Solomon Darling

Solomon Darling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, since the devs have to actually read all of the names (to make no smartass name his NPC Bigus Dickus or something), then I suggest giving them a hint, like "(I wish this was a female character's name, please)" when writing the name down.

This is sort of a longshot, but I guess it can still be edited, considering they will continue to update the name generator. This should be confirmed by any dev or mod, though.

Madevil and FrozenFlame like this.
  6. Crescendo

Awesome, I found my humble bundle gold tier rewards page so I'd love for someone to confirm that I can still change things.

7. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

I wouldn't mind a female to be named John. After eons of space travel I would imagine there would be no limits to names associated with genders. I also imagine there to be a lot of crossdressers and what not since space IS infinite. I guess it pays to have an open mind? Let's just hope no one puts "TotallyAGuy" or 'Vin Diesel" into namegen.

8. EastBayWilly

EastBayWilly Title Not Found

I submitted my own name to be an NPC. I felt the need to be immortalized. If that name lands on a female I'll just laugh about it and move on.

When the time comes will we get a confirmation e-mail stating that our name made it into the game?

9. Sure as long as you can edit the name at http://playstarbound.com/redeem/<your code>

10. Crescendo

Awesome, I've changed it now to include "(female NPC please)" And..here's hoping that goes through, It'd be kiiinda awkward to have my partner's name on a male NPC. xD

You guys have been a great help, again, thanks.

11. arc361

arc361 Void-Bound Voyager

When i made a name i actually messaged support ( i feel bad for asking a dumb question) And asked if i specified it as a female would they make it into a female. They said they would do there best. So if you put ur name then add (gender) in there im sure they would try to meet the requirements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.