1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Going to sleep doesn't work

Discussion in 'Support' started by katty, May 6, 2018.

1. katty

katty Void-Bound Voyager

First of all I'm not sure if this is a bug caused by the game itself or as a result of the mods I have so if it's the latter and if this isn't the right place to post about this then I apologize!
    I've been playing on Stardew Valley 1.3.9 (singleplayer) and have encountered a problem when I attempt to go to sleep. The screen will dim as usual but my character doesn't actually go to sleep. I can still move around and interact with things inside the house. The only thing I can do to make my character go to sleep after this is exit the house (which will then show what I've sold and save the game as usual.) The only other weird changes after this is that the music stops working and won't work again until I reset back to the menu or close the game.The mods that I have (that are functioning) are:
    SMAPI 2.6 beta.5
    Content Patcher
    NPC Map Locations
    Scythe Harvesting
    Tractor Mod
    Entoarox Framework
    Expanded Leah Dialogue
    More Animals (though the box isn't showing up for this one so I don't really know if I can count it as functioning?)
    I do have some mods that replace XNB files but they're either ones I've edited the XNB files specifically to make sure that they work with the latest version or ones that replace files that weren't updated along with the 1.3 update.
    If this was caused by a specific mod, I can't really pinpoint which one as when I went through my mods to see which ones can be updated for 1.3, I didn't play through the whole day to see if this error happened. In other words, I didn't play through an entire day after installing Mod A, and see that there were no problems, and then moved on to install Mod B only to see that I got this glitch.

• NarutoUzamaki

NarutoUzamaki Big Damn Hero

I am getting this exact same bug. I also run Content Patcher, Scythe harvesting and Tractor Mod.
      I still get the same bug even with these mods removed :(

• foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

I'm having the same issue, though I'm using the multiplayer function to test some things. Maybe we should post out SMAPI logs to see if the errors we receive are the same? And maybe someone else'll know what to do with that information.

https://log.smapi.io/HviMeHXv

• MaeIchi

MaeIchi Orbital Explorer

I do have the exact same issue. I thought it was because I had a mod that alters the inside of the farmhouse but after I removed it it stayed the same. I now use the smapi 2.6.14, newest beta v1.3.12. I also use Tractor Mod and Content Patcher. I updated them all yesterday ;( and it didn't help... If anyone knows something about it please help!

• jamthedingus

jamthedingus Orbital Explorer

I also have this same problem! The only thing I've narrowed it down to is that it must have something to do with upgrading your farmhouse, because that's the only time it's happened to me.

I have three farmers, one with no upgraded house, one with fully upgraded (which actually happened as I was testing mods, so one day she had upgraded house 1 and then the next morning she had upgraded house 2, but there was no difference w/ the bug), and one fully upgraded with spouse and child. The last two are my only saves that experience this error

this is my smapi log

https://log.smapi.io/9G3JW7a8

it might have something to do with smapi itself?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Do you have any XNB mods which alter the farmhouse in any way?

• jamthedingus

yes, sorry! i have this mod, the one that adds a bathroom into the farmhouse

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, that's the problem then. Try the unofficial update attached to this post. Note that the updated version uses Content Patcher rather than replacing the XNB though.

Leviosaaa753 and jamthedingus like this.
                  • jamthedingus

y i k e s im an idiot

i'm using a totally different bathroom mod (the compact one), don't know why i didn't check that before i sent the link! but i'll try using the unofficial version you linked! thanks <3

• marisadf13

marisadf13 Orbital Explorer

mine won't fade to black until i get back out of bed and go into the cellar entrance. i mean, everything is still working i guess. it's just weird. if anyone has a fix for this it would be greatly appreciated.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i have a different bathroom but the same issue and it is with the third upgrade. i do have sythe harvesting as well though

marisadf13 likes this.
                        • Wolfiecharm

Wolfiecharm Void-Bound Voyager

I have the same issue I think it might be the bathroom that I added to the 2nd upgrade that might be causing this bug. I'll try downloading the content patcher version and see if it's fixed it.

It was the bathroom mod by DevilBro that caused the bug.

For my game at least don't know if that's always the case for if you change the files.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2019
                          • greenoctahedron

greenoctahedron Yeah, You!

That fixed the problem for me! Thanks :)