1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Gog Edition 1.2.8 is broken

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JerseyP, Jun 12, 2015.

1. JerseyP

JerseyP Space Hobo

It crashes after 2 mins of gameplay. Windows 7 x64. There is a thread open on gog about it, but I thought I would let the developer know. This is the crash message.
    ############################################################################################
    ERROR in
    action number 1
    of Draw Event
    for object oSpawn:

Data structure with index does not exist.
    at gml_Script_pal_swap_set
    ############################################################################################
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    stack frame is
    gml_Script_pal_swap_set (line 0)
    gml_Object_oSpawn_Draw_0

This is a bummer. I just bought it and the game seems really cool for those two mins. I hope this gets fixed soon.

• hepcat

hepcat Intergalactic Tourist

I also purchased this the other day and have received the same error each time playing. Pretty big bummer and is an instant red flag when thinking about other games from the same devs.

Anyone tried asking for a previous version from gog?

• knifemind

knifemind Intergalactic Tourist

I submitted a support request, and GOG says the dev has been made aware, but I have not seen ANY posts/statements here or in the gog forum from a dev, which is kind of disappointing. You'd think it wouldn't be too much trouble to spend 45 seconds letting us know if it's being fixed or not.

• twocows

twocows Space Hobo

Just bought the game and I get this too, usually after 3-4 minutes of playing. Win7-64, Intel i5, GeForce 650 regular edition. Version 1.2.8 GOG

• FirstaLasto

FirstaLasto Seal Broken

I also get this after a couple minutes of playing.
            The fact that it's trying to call a data structure that "doesn't exist" paired with the fact that the steam version supposedly doesn't have this problem makes me think that we're missing a file. Gonna ask my friend with steam to see if his game came with any files that mine didn't.

Okay, so aside from the steam_api.dll, the only other thing his game came with that mine didn't is a folder labelled _CommonRedist. I'm going to ask him to send me the folder next time he's online and see if adding it to my files fixes this bug.

So adding that folder to my files didn't fix anything. After that, I tried replacing the DLLs with the ones he had. That didn't help, either. However, when looking at his files I noticed that the exe was a different size than mine. I replaced the exe, and... that fixed it. The GOG exe seems to be broken.
            ...I hope that the GOG version being broken excuses my having someone send me their exe. I needed to find what the problem was somehow, and the devs don't seem to be around to help.

EDIT: Seems this was fixed recently. Thank you devs!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015