Race Glunaught

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Nirn, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Oh yeah buddy! I knew me suddenly wanting to come back to the forums was a little odd! Now it makes perfect sense!

Nirn likes this.
  2. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

how are you still xD I donno man, I wanna play..but meh...anywho I cant wait to see your mod in its full...ness

Nirn likes this.
  3. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Thank you, and sorry for my absense it took me near two years to save for the tools I require, but it shall be worth it!

centor111 likes this.
  4. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

so many nostalgias. Do we have a steam group yet? Or are us "oldstars" dead? Also if you guys need intern style nutjob, we are all here waiting for a chance to use our skills. Add me on stuff like skype and steam. I don't want to miss a thing :rofl: unless no game no life or ggo is on.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    Nirn likes this.
  5. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Nice mod, keep up the work!

Nirn likes this.
  6. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

Somthing i found on the starbound subreddit relating to mods with unusual race sizes.
    http://redd.it/2874py

for the lazy:

Nirn likes this.
  7. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

New Glunaught Info coming your way Tuesday, or earlier.

until then, what do you guys hope to see in our new mod?

centor111 and Zeklo like this.
  8. flamingbacon19

flamingbacon19 Big Damn Hero

I want to see a tech that allows you to go into your shell and well take way less to no damage at all.
    Also, a thought for the shell on other races armors. Lets say that with every other "armor" that they make that is NOT their own racial armor they just cut a hole big enough for their shell to fit in. so you don't have to do much editing with the models. Just keep the shell pixels on the back.

centor111 and Nirn like this.
  9. Camera

Camera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Perhaps race armors and settlement mockups? :)

Nirn likes this.
  10. flamingbacon19

Both the glunaught and the drale are fabulous races I love the idea of "space turtles" and reminds me a lot of the ninja turtles but better, once both of them come out as a mod i'm going to download them strait away and play with both a Glunaught character and a Drale character. Both of these races are very well done and I just love the time that was put into it. The Glunaught idea is just great and I love it, Also it's easy to see a lot of time was put into it. I love the glunaughts. Also I will do some multiplayer with meh buds with your epic race(s).

P.s I posted this on both the drales forum page and the glunaughts forum page as you see, the post is a bit different on each race because I wanted to say what I like about each different race.

P.P.s Great job with the race! Its FANTASTIC.

Nirn likes this.
  11. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Types of Furniture.
    [​IMG]

In the mod each races will have at least 3 styles of furniture. This along with other styles we intend to add will allow you to have a even wider variety of options for your glorious pad.
    Sorry for the small size, and the sloppy art I am still working on my tablet skills.

The styles showcased here are for my race. The names are not final, and I may change them to add more variety but yes lemme tell you about them.

First we have Regal, this style can be found in very rich players homes, or places of high regard such as temples. You will often find silks, fine art, and an abundance of rock and mineral collections. (only shiny ones ofcourse)

Modern is your default style, it is clean sleek and has lots of holo tech for all those cool scifi scene needs. It is found in science facilities, library, ships, bases and cities. Although I failed to showcase it here you will be seeing a good amount of natural decorations with this particular style.

Primitive can be found in villages of Glunaught's who have "turned back to the old ways". Theses villages are found underground and in swamps. You will not find villages near the lava level, you may, however, find a Scoria nest so be careful!

Each style will have a good amount of water decorations to them, infact I may redo this little pictures to better showcase it. Just like with villages you can also find other Glunaught structures underground, however the others are not as limited as the primitive style.

Enjoy!​

12. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

I'm liking it a lot so far, but I can't say I'd want to sit on that "regal" chair. Looks painful to me.

Nirn likes this.
  13. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Yeah you should probably call it something other than primitive, lots of floran furniture is called that.

Nirn likes this.
  14. Camera

Camera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Reminds me of the 3 crystal types I used, awesome :D

Nirn likes this.
  15. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

it scares me to think someone will have to do pixel art of them o.o
    there will be tears for whoever tries to draw the throne. "In the game of thrones, you win or you die." ~Twincester

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    Nirn likes this.
  16. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Intro

This week I redid the intro, I had noticed that the last one (dealing with a race war and such) was not suiting to this species at all, and far too violent for my tastes.
    So today I bring an rewrite this one i find far more suiting, you will also see that I will be rewriting some lore as well. It may seem weird at first but give each update time and you will see how it fits the Glunaught species.
    On another note I will be reworking the furniture options, you will see this next week along with more lore work.
    Without further to do , your intro script.​

Rocks and minerals. Fruits of the ground coveted by all Glunaught kind. Though their obsession with the earth they have perfected it's craft. With this ability they were able to enter the interstellar economy with a breeze.
    It used to be easy, Glunaught only need to stay in their system to meet their needs. However, with the needs of others on their shells they had no other choice than to expand.

In order to achieve such tasks a program was created recruiting millions of Glunaughts to become marvelous "Terra Scouts". This glorified job hastily trained you for deep space exploration. Many fully trained and barley trained were flung into the unknown far from out posts and safe zones. In unexplored systems their are many dangers, many variables, many ways to be lost in endless space forever. "[/spoilers]

I may change a few things before the mod is out, but it should keep the same basic theme.

centor111 likes this.
  17. flamingbacon19

Kool. I the mod out yet?

centor111 likes this.
  18. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

soon my sweet prince.

Nirn likes this.
  19. TheDr.Awsome

TheDr.Awsome Orbital Explorer

• USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: Being a Jerk. Expires: 1 Month. Love: Izzabelle
    Good to see your making a mod for this then Maybe you can move the thread to some were else so you don't cause anymore pain for the good suggesters because really this never was going to be added in a million years, even a moldy potato race had more chance than you so once again good luck somewhere else!!!
    Edit: that was a bit mean sorry..

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  20. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Hey guys thanks for your support, I will have more on this Tuesday, mostly lore updates again, hopefully soon we will have the official thread up.

centor111 likes this.