1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Glitchy Controls on my Mac

Discussion in 'Support' started by espetite, Jan 17, 2018.

1. espetite

espetite Space Hobo

Hey, sorry if this has a thread already. I looked but couldn't find help for this specific case...

So I have a Mac laptop and purchased Stardew Valley through steam. I'm having trouble with my controls. My movement controls work fine but my action button just won't stick, even if I leave it in the default setting.

I'm really sad because I'm a long-time Harvest Moon player and was really excited to hear about this game. Unfortunately, if I want to continue playing, I have to re-assign my action key when I go to a new house or location, just to be able to talk to people or walk through doors. It's too tedious to continue playing and I really want to play!! Hope someone can help me.

Thanks!

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Hello, fellow Mac user here.

I'm afraid I don't have an answer, but I did want to let you know your post was seen and there have been similar issues before (link). Sorry the keys aren't woking right for you! :(

I actually don't use the action key on my keyboard at all. I guess I should try it out more next time I play and see if I have a similar issue.

Does your mouse work? I typically play with WASD as movement and and left and right mouse buttons for various actions. (I also have a laptop, but I can't stand playing most games without a mouse, lol)