1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Glitch Ship AI Feedback

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Izzabelle, Jun 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the Glitch Ship AI?

1. No, I really really dislike it

156 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Yes

47 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. Yes, I really really like it

121 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. I am indifferent

46 vote(s)
    10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiamhNyx

NiamhNyx Phantasmal Quasar

i feel the point of it is to look stupid but all games need some form of stupidity, otherwise it would just be a boring game.

Skarn likes this.
  2. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

Modders will fix anything, that doesn't mean they should ignore input on their game, especially if they're actually asking for it. Ignore the fact that it can be modded out. This is about Starbound, not Starbound Mods.

TaoJaz, Skyblade799 and Lecic like this.
  3. Poppinz

Poppinz Pangalactic Porcupine

i think you two are just using offended in different ways, i believe hes communicated what he means, he doesn't like it.

4. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

If that's the case then I'll drop it, but his "clarifications" puts it right out of the zone of general dislike.

You didn't clarify, actually. You just said more vague things about "implications" and then for some reason implied that you'd be offended by a meme. Especially a meme that is literally already in the game with a literal horse head mask item you can equip.

5. PartyAlarm

PartyAlarm A "Cool" "Good" poster.

This is a much better thread

6. Poppinz

i mean, games can be amazing without having glaringly silly things in them though? and generally silly things are hidden Easter eggs a lot of the time, not right in the middle of it slap in your face wabawaba

7. qwepir

qwepir Void-Bound Voyager

I know, and that's why I voted "No, I really dislike it." But there's no point trying to debate it in this thread, it would be a waste of keystrokes.

8. @qwepir the modders can do pretty much anything.

And yeah, if anyone is offended definitely explain why.

Poking through the thread I saw one explanation that's seemed kind of like a stretch in the way that almost anything can be offensive to anyone given how their brain rationalizes things (that's just human nature).

9. Poppinz

see i actually agree with this, "oh it can be modded in or out" isn't a good reason not to change whatever feature is being brought up, or at the very least address it.

Skyblade799 likes this.
  10. I'm pretty offended that this is even an issue to be honest, starbound isnt supposed to be a serious game

TheNameless and NiamhNyx like this.
  11. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

I respect that some like, some dislike... some just love and some reeeaeally don't want it at all. Maybe the liberal artist in me is curious about the level of discomfort some have for the goofy breastaged equine, but I'm also enjoying most of the discourse happening in this thread.

TheNameless and Ramones_fan like this.
  12. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

A lot of good things have come from constructive criticism that have made it into the game already.

Lets just be respectful of everyone's opinion.

13. AFancy400

AFancy400 Aquatic Astronaut

"I personally find it too silly" is a really shaky reason to change it, even if it wasn't in a game that has a penguin UFO as a boss, a gorilla Big Brother and blood thirsty carnivorous plant people.

14. Poppinz

there are other reasons, it doesn't fit that well with the glitch race, while the other ai's fit well with their races, just a horse on its own is a great idea! its the boobs and face that dont fit well, its not really consistent with the rest of the ai....

i love the space penguins, they are like the chocobo of starbound

15. NiamhNyx

NiamhNyx Phantasmal Quasar

YES. i agree with this so much.
    if this was a serious game, i would hate the horse, but since its a "SANDBOX" game it fits fine.

TheNameless likes this.
  16. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

Yeah, just because the game is silly though, doesn't mean you can just throw in anything. Then it just becomes bloated and trashy.

TheNameless, Lecic and TaoJaz like this.
  17. Skarn

Skarn Existential Complex

By the way, I voted "no". It kind-of-sort-of fits, but I think it needs something more than the horse-medieval connection, honestly.

Maybe if it was a robo-horse? :rofl:

18. what? Genre has nothing to do with it. im talking about the tone that the game has.

19. Poppinz

see this is what i was trying to say with continuity and lore and stuff, besides it not really fitting well with the glitch as they are made so far, "oh its not a serious game" doesn't mean throw in everything and the kitchen sink..... and literally everything shouldn't be a joke or a pop culture reference etc (im not saying it is)

20. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

Being a robo horse might fit more yeah, but I'm fine with it as it is. I'm not too worried about how it effects the lore because the lore isn't done being written.

We're on the same page as far as that goes, Poppinz, but where me and you disagree is that I don't think it's so unfitting as to make the game seem sillier or less held-together than it already is (or isn't). It's a drop in the bucket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.