1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Glitch Ship AI Feedback

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Izzabelle, Jun 19, 2014.

?

Do you like the Glitch Ship AI?

1. No, I really really dislike it

156 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Yes

47 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. Yes, I really really like it

121 vote(s)
    28.3%
  5. I am indifferent

46 vote(s)
    10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splift

Splift Zero Gravity Genie

I don't care too much either way about the ai's in general. I probably won't see them much and its one of those things that you stop noticing after the first few times.

That being said I voted yes just because the horse is quirky and fits with the game imo (and maybe out of pity as well).

2. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

But it's not a robot horse with robot boobs, it's an organic horse with organic boobs. Think about the "Glitchspeare" picture in the game. Was he organic? No. He is a robot.

The problem that I have with it is not the boobs. It's that it's a horse head on a human body for a robot race and that doesn't seem to mesh, at all, with what we already know about the race! The Horse, in and of itself, is fine, and I would approve of a Horse. But there is no reason to make it have boobs and such a churlish look on its face. The Glitch always seemed very dour, serious. They are serfs, farmers, kings, and sorcerers... serious, dour, medieval.

UnarmedCivilian, Colton and Lecic like this.
  3. Alright, you claim that they seem to be trolling the game's community.
    What makes you say that they're trolling as opposed to something else?

4. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

So if the horse had mechanical bolts and it was an angry boob horse that would be okay? Picturing it now, yeah, you're right, that's much less silly.

5. Poppinz

Poppinz Pangalactic Porcupine

well the glitch arn't supposed to even have sexes or genders, they just build kids, if i remember right, the only reason they have boobs is because, armor, and its good to have feminine looking and male looking so people can play as something similar to what they are

the glitch having boobs makes more sense than the ai for the glitch having boobs and buck teeth and being named a silly name imo

6. Skyblade799

Skyblade799 Void-Bound Voyager

It really doesn't fit. In fact, I feel this game has a serious mood problem as of now. The game features lore involving cutting wings off of the avian and throwing them off edges, a dark 1984 type society, violent plant people, home world lacking humans, etc.

Yet the actual non-lore game images have bouncy smiling poop, pop-culture references galore, and horse AI with boobs. The AI doesn't fit the race, compared to the rest of the AI which does. It isn't very funny, and I bet it'll get really old really fast since you have to revisit it to use the printer, tech, and questing system. I honestly don't see why they didn't use say, a glitch general, or for a wackier approach a glitch jester. Talking horse with human breasts referencing the fresh prince of bel-air does not mesh with hive mind medieval robot race. I certainly know I won't be using the glitch, and I can tell you now my friends won't be either. I dearly hope they add another option.

7. Poppinz

what? what are you talking about? the mrs clause outfit was skimpy? but you werent forced to wear it, thats the issue here, there is no other option for glitch players.

Jeoshua likes this.
  8. Jeoshua

Okay, let me put it another way, and then I'm really going to bed because it's nearly midnight where I live, and I have work in the morning:

Horse-lady. Boobs. As the brain of a space ship. Now, ships are female, normally... you ride in them. Now, if you're riding a Horse, 4 legs, that's normal.

Now imagine a normal lady with a horse head. "Riding" takes on a wholy diferent meaning in that context, and not one I like for this game.

Lecic likes this.
  9. I'd not focus on the horse rapping The Prince of Bel Air, it's most likely place holder text.

There are people who are voicing their dissatisfaction with criticism, which is awesome!

The people who are somehow drawing inference that the development team is making fun of their dislike for the horse AI from a context-less picture/update doesn't make any sense though, I could be mistaken though.

Basically, if you have a problem with the horse, explain why. Don't attack anybody for their opinions or the artistic design choice to make the A.I. that way, be civil like I know you can be.

TheNameless and Dagorran like this.
  10. draw back the aggressive tone a bit please.

He's saying the context of the horse doesn't make much sense to him is all.

11. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

maybe that is why they have a humorous AI.

Zouleena likes this.
  12. UnsubRedun

UnsubRedun Plebeian

We don't know if this is the only option though. Ya'll dudes are assuming a whole bunch about a feature they probably have like 20% done. I can imagine you'd be able to switch your AI around at some point, or each race might have multiple or whatever.

E: yo I'm not really being aggressive or upset or anything, I just have an aggressive posting style I guess? Sorry bros.

13. Poppinz

if the horse didn't have tits and had a less ugly face, and maybe was a robot, yea it would be a lot less silly.
    i like the idea of the horse, i dislike the buck teeth and tits

14. Jeoshua

Give me a Glitchspeare AI! Let the RoBard guide you in the dark paths of the universe! Forsooth, but what an idea that would be, eh friends?

15. Lonewolf239

Lonewolf239 Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't like the horse myself, but I wouldn't mind it being in the game if it weren't the only option. I for one would like to see multiple A.I.s for different species!

Skyblade799 likes this.
  16. moddownloader

moddownloader Phantasmal Quasar

remove horse boobs

Skyblade799 and Jeoshua like this.
  17. Poppinz

yea lots of people have suggested that they make more ais or make it so you can change the ai around, this is a good solution it would please everyone i think.

18. Eonwe

Eonwe Macho Man

So before anyone else makes any posts I really want to drill this into your thoughts. There is literally no reason to ever get angry or upset over horse boobs in a sci-fi sandbox video game. You can dislike it, prefer not to play Glitch, call for it to be changed, whatever. Just please, don't get mad at horse boobs.

19. Glitchspeare would be a pretty neat option.

20. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

I am voting yes only because i don't mind it. Just like the po I really don't mind if they put it into the game are they don't. Though unlike the po it is a lot harder to avoid if you dislike it since it disables a whole race.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.