Mob Glitch Ogres!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by CandyToast, Mar 11, 2014.

?

Like it?

1. Yep!

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. Nope.

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. CandyToast

CandyToast Void-Bound Voyager

The glitch are a pretty awesome race already. But I have an idea that will add to the fantasy/middle aged theme. The Glitch ogre will be a monstrosity. First off, I am requesting some sprites. This will be of the glitch ogre, obviously. So people, read the description and all that before making potential sprites of this if you are going to be a dear.

Thanks,
    ~CandyToast :poptop:

Description! ( I need a spoiler thingy, how do you inquire this spoily-thing?)
    The glitch ogre is a hulking creature, about twenty five pixels tall and twenty wide, carrying a club or mace. It's a big mess, literally. It has wires of all colors bursting out from it's rusty metal. It's clothing is a rotted brown tunic with torn holes. The head of this creature is a medium size with eyes as red as blood and bottom teeth that can crush a thousand steel girders at once, also it's jaw is very big and sticks out from the rest of the creature. Did I mention that it's hands and feet are rusting, along with the entire thing? The Glitch Ogre is a force to be reckoned with.

Glitch Ogres in Combat.
    This monstrosity of metal has an unique method of attacking, not at all like regular Glitch. It has four "moves" it can enact:

1. Hammer/Mace attack. The Glitch Ogre slams it's weapon at the player (deals 20-29 damage) and brakes 8-10 blocks in the area it hit, causing electrical tremors in the bot.

2. Jump-Stop-Jump-Stomp. This attack is exactly what the name intends. The ravenous robot attempts to squash the player causing 40-60 damage, if not squashing the player, it kills all grass, trees, and plants in a 15 block radius.

3. Electrico Smash-Mash. The Glitch Ogre jump up 20 blocks, throws his weapon at the player dealing 10 damage exactly, and come crashing back down to the planet creating a massive crater and dealing 50-60 damage. But do not fret, there is more, five seconds later an explosion of fire and voltage bursts, flattening out the area in a 35 area radius and dealing 10 damage.

Don't stress, developers. :D

Where are they?
    Where can I find 'em you ask? Well, these creatures are found in forests, grasslands, jungles, and deserts. I am not going to say what sector because in the grand scheme of things, there will be a lot of changes to the game. These creatures spawning rate is very low, 8% chance in fact.

What do they drop?
    These rusty robots have a 60% chance to drop a spiked club or a mace. On a very rare note, it can drop a tech called "Glitch Ogre". And that, has a 4% chance of dropping. Sometimes though, 40% of the time, they drop some Glitch Lore. And of course, involving the Glitch Ogre.

What's that Glitch Ogre tech?
    The Glitch Ogre tech is basically, a remote control Glitch ogre. You cannot control your character while doing this. The Ogre does two things: Smash and Jump. Even though your abilities are limited, it's great for digging. You can smash your way through caves by destroying 20 blocks per smash.

Tell me some Glitch Lore with this guy in it!
    Well, I made two lore "books" that can be added to the game as a drop or could be found in glitch castles.
    Here's the first one.

Not Like Us: From the Hylotl's Eye.
    In the horizon, metal clanked, but it wasn't the sound of the horses... It was something else. It was a huge metallic figure, none like any glitch has ever seen. It roared then began to ravage the countryside. Everyone fled from it. Everyone but me, I looked into it's eyes, and I saw sorrow. True benevolent sorrow. Then, I blacked out.

Okay... Here's another one.

The Sound Of Rust: A children's rhyme.
    Joyful. Cling clang, bingitty bang. Happy. It's the big metal man with a killers eye. Sad. With the terrible, terrible metallic cry.

Well... That's all I have for now, If you have a suggestion to make this better, tell me and I'll add it to the thread!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  2. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

well you can find glitch horses and glitch chickens so it would be realy Cool to find a glitch ogre mabey a mini boss or a boss
    by the way i min that the 3 boss the bone dragon should be a glitch dragon instede or mabey a glitch ogre!:)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  3. CandyToast

CandyToast Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks everybody for the great replies on all posts! Keep on posting! Any other ideas? Any? None?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    General Nuclear likes this.