Traditional Glitch Drawing- Outcast Life

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by LC98, Jul 7, 2014.

1. LC98

LC98 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello everybody, this is my first time posting art on here. I certainly don't claim to have any amount of skill whatsoever, but I was feeling pretty inspired and thought I'd post this.

Initially, this all just started as looking down the barrel of a Starbound-esque blaster pistol, as an experiment in forced perspective. However shortly after, I thought about what's on the nicer end of the gun, and what better than my Glitch character and his spacefaring companion? (I apologize for it being derpily drawn across two different pieces of paper, again it was originally just going to be the gun.) It eventually ended up being a cross between the classic "Tron" image and another perspective on the "Pulp Fiction" shot that everybody knows.

It's a little messy (curse you, left-handedness!) and at this point is only lines, very minimal shading. I intend to make a full-blown color and shaded digital drawing once I... you know... acquire some digital art skills. So please, for now take it as it is! :p

"Outcast Life"
    Starbound Art 1 Resize 1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  2. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Awesome, that's cool gun. The pixelated heart was a nice touch. Though the female glitch's thumb is on the wrong side... xD

3. LC98

LC98 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh wow, just noticed that. :rofl: Thanks for spotting that!