1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Glitch anatomy

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Qbi Wan, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Qbi Wan

Qbi Wan Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi, I was wandering, has glitch eats? Most artworks show their faces fully covered by chassis, only with eye space left out, but they also eat regular food, not only mechanical-energy food.
    What do you think?
    Similar subject was started here:
    https://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/81619/
    But, since I believe their needs are just simulation, only thing I want to know is, where they have mouth, for lore and aesthetics reason (I want to make my Glitch avatar, with mouth they could express emotions). Also interesting thing is how they speak, so can they eat and speak at the same time?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

According to one of the games lore books they eat as a way to produce energy by breaking it down into electrical energy instead, and they probably could eat and speak at the same time but the simulation probably won't allow it.

3. Qbi Wan

Qbi Wan Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, but do they have mouth? Where is it? And can it express emotions? I have searched tons of fan art, and only one had mouth, but more like doodle style. Any ideas?

4. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

I've had this discussion elsewhere before, and the theory I came up with is that the "plates" that cover their mouths retract to the sides when they eat, revealing a set of metal jaws.

[​IMG]
    A poorly made sketch, but it more or less shows what I mean.

5. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I have a faint memory of a glitch opening it's helmet to eat something, it was ingame sprites but i'm not sure.

6. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

My headcanon is pretty much this, but with a set of grinding cylinders instead of jaws, and maybe part of a mechanical taste sensor in there somewhere.