1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Notice Glad Giraffe - Common Problems and Their Solutions

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by The | Suit, Aug 29, 2015.

1. catmonkshiro

catmonkshiro Phantasmal Quasar

I hope that helped recover your character. there are a few staves that do damage to you as well. the game breaker glitch staff for example. it may have similar results so be careful.

2. Achilles_Might

Achilles_Might Space Hobo

Hi I've a problem, srry if u have already talked about it but when ever I get to the starting screen whenever i click my mouse the game will flicker and it won't allow me to change to full screen or it will keep tabbing out. Is there a fix?

3. Weezer257

Weezer257 Void-Bound Voyager

S.A.I.L will not give me option to get matter manipulator upon starting new game. Can't really do nothing without it. Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do?

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

If you are playing Nightly, then it is because the game's progression ia being renovated for the next major update. Do not play Nightly expecting to not use admin commands.

5. WonkiestPrism49

WonkiestPrism49 Space Spelunker

Didn't know where to post this, so here's my issue. I was quite pleased to get myself some tech, but I noticed that the "Rocket Jump" didn't work the way that it apparently usually worked. The animation would play, but I'd end up jumping only slightly less than a normal jump. What could be causing this? Is there a fix? Thnx ^-^

6. Mackinz

@The | Suit I recommend adding a section about crashing when loading a character after that character has died. Solutions are to use a hotbar item which heals before another crash, or to use StarCheat to regain the characters health.

7. Squilliam Fancyson

Squilliam Fancyson Space Hobo

Okay so I start up the game and when I go to click on singleplayer then click my guy it loads my ship in for like 2 seconds then the game just crashes. Im on Mac.

8. Mackinz

Did you die immediately before you started crashing?

If so, look at the post directly before yours.

9. Squilliam Fancyson

I actually did die! So what should I do I read what you said but I still dont know what to do.

10. Squilliam Fancyson

Okay I just kept on pressing a bunch of buttons now it didn't crash lol!

11. Mackinz

Okay, you seem to have addressed your issue, but I'll explain.

"Solutions are to use a hotbar item which healsbefore another crash"

Before you crash, use a healing item like a Bandage or food.

"use StarCheat to regain the characters health."

Your health is glitched, and if you don't have a healing item on-hand you'll have to cheat your health back to normal, or manipulate your inventory to gain a healing item.

12. Squilliam Fancyson

Thank you for the help!

13. Knackwurscht

Knackwurscht Aquatic Astronaut

I´m not even sure if it´s a problem in the game or if i´m just stupid, but here we go: After defeating the Floran Party Boss and getting the loot at the end of the cave, nothing happens. I beamed back to my ship(through the transporter located at the end of the cave), but the mission status doesn´t change. I don´t get the follow-up-mission or anything. Any ideas?

14. ardnac

ardnac Space Hobo

Hello. just bought the game a few days ago. I was exploring a 'risky' planet, then i died. then the game teleports me back to the ship. and the game crashed. no error code or anything.... but the character (player) is not on the screen. just an empty space ship before the game crashed.

glad girrafe update 3

UPDATE : nevermind this post, somehow fixed by spam using bandage.....

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  15. Mackinz

Thank you for replying to this thread instead of making another thread.

If you have any healing items (ex. Bandages, Food) on your item hotbar, then use them as soon as you see them. If you do not, use StarCheat to reset your characters health. This issue is caused by your characters health not resetting after dying.

16. Knackwurscht

Knackwurscht Aquatic Astronaut

Just a little update to my situation: After getting back to the ship and waiting a while, i was able to/had to restart the mission. I have beaten the boss 3 times now and nothing happens... and it´s not like this bugspiderthing is getting any easier to beat.. is there a way in admin mode to switch the mission to completed?

17. For_Mods

For_Mods Aquatic Astronaut

@The | Suit
    You wonderful person, just got a character I spent 8 hours on back.

18. Alt777

Alt777 Void-Bound Voyager

Am I the only one that doesn't have a prerequisites folder?

19. 82nd

82nd Space Hobo

Fatal Exception caught: (StarException) An error occured during loading: (MapException) Key 'metaBoundBox' not found in Map::get() is causing me to be unable to even stay in the loading screen for more than 2 seconds. It started just a few minutes before this post.
    Edit: It seems to have been a mod related issues, switched to a different version of the mod.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  20. PhrozenFox

PhrozenFox Big Damn Hero

Hello friends! I am getting a constant (sent to ship) after a few minutes on being on a planet with my friend.

"Could not read JSON asset /stats/effects/fu_tileeffects/fuclayslow/fuclayslow.animation"

Log: http://pastebin.com/r5Hw4aF4

I hope this is fixed in the next patch. I just introduced a friend to the game and it doesn't look good.