1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Notice Glad Giraffe - Common Problems and Their Solutions

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by The | Suit, Aug 29, 2015.

1. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

You have some outdated mods.

Some mod relating to "kangaru" is wildly outdated. Armors replating to "kazdra" have incorrect values. "avikan" issues.

Looking at your log it really is no wonder that you are having issues. So much is broken.

2. creeperzack

creeperzack Intergalactic Tourist

Hi,
    Somewhat recently (within 3 months from now), I opened Starbound using Steam, joined a certain save and the game immediately crashed. Since then, I have not been able to figure this out. Any other save I use works perfectly fine, just one crashes the game. I have no mods installed, nor have I ever. I use the Steam application to play Starbound, and I play on a Mac computer. If there is any way to fix this, please let me know. :) Thanks!

3. lazarus78

Start the game and make it crash. Then post your starbound.log file.

4. ArmageddonDevil

ArmageddonDevil Void-Bound Voyager

I've already deleted both avikan and kangaru, I'll check for the latest kazdra mod and report the issue, I'll see if anything changes and post a reply.

5. creeperzack

6. lazarus78

Good news: I've seen that error before.
    Bad news: No solution has been found, far as I know.

Best I could advise is backup your player and universe folder (And mods if you have any) and reinstall the game.

7. creeperzack

Unfortunately, that didn't work, so I think I'll just start from scratch with one of my other saves :)

8. lazarus78

Maybe for the better. Some future changes changes are not meshing well with old characters.

9. Shinime Unknow

Shinime Unknow Void-Bound Voyager

aaargh why i have this error with any mod!i have looking for but the mod and the game versions are the same so why :Fatal Exception caught: (StarException) An error occurred during loading: (MapException) Key 'metaBoundBox' not found in Map::get()... please someone help me :'(

10. AnnetDragony

AnnetDragony Space Hobo

MacBookPro
    When launching StarBound there's sometimes a problem: game doesn't go, stopping on "LOADING" screen (with three walking animals). There's two ways: restart Mac, or restart the game (sometimes it doesn't work, should restart the game of 2-4 times).

11. MADPXL

MADPXL Space Hobo

Hi guys. Recently I have downloaded Starbound on Steam, (glad giraffe update) and whenever I load the game and then press buttons like create character or any buttons on the screen in general. My game starts blinking black once every like half a second, and this wont stop until i wait like ten seconds. And it stops, then when i click something else it happens again. I know my PC is definitely capable of running this game. PLEASE HELP

12. questionaire

questionaire Space Hobo

so i made an item in the game which made me crash and it was called
    [​IMG]
    Quetzalcoatl's Quartz
    staff
    after using this it made my game crash and now i have the problem where ill log into the game and then it will close so idk what to do,plz help me. P.S this is what log says. Screenshot (1).png

13. questionaire

questionaire Space Hobo

my problem is that is made an item in the game and then it killed me and crashed my game . this is the item
    [​IMG]
    Quetzalcoatl's Quartz
    staff
    now have the problem where i load into the game it crash and idk if it is the item or the game itself please help also this is what the log says Screenshot (1).png

14. questionaire

questionaire Space Hobo

i didnt mean to post the same thing im sorry

15. Bobissosocool

Bobissosocool Void-Bound Voyager

So I just encountered my first gamebreaking bug.
    I was doing one of the missions, and as I was fighting the boss, I died. The game then crashed, so I relaunched, I can play a new character from scratch, but the one I was on when it crashed won't load properly. - I click it and it loads the file, then shows the ship but my character is nowhere to be found. and then crashes straight after.
    Any advice or do I just have to start from scratch again??

16. catmonkshiro

catmonkshiro Phantasmal Quasar

No worries. If it's the same problem i was having where you start up in the ship with no life, and you're still having issues with your character not working, there is a way to fix it using a program called Starcheat.

https://github.com/wizzomafizzo/starcheat/releases I just used starcheat-0.27.1-win32.zip

You don't need to do anything crazy. just run the .EXE, bring up the character that's having the issue, set his life back up to max and save. this should fix your character if the life issue is what's holding you back. you'll recover your character without losing all your stuff

hope this helps you! ^^

17. catmonkshiro

catmonkshiro Phantasmal Quasar

see the comment above ^^ this might be able to help you too.

18. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Any mod? Probably not any. Just the ones that are outdated. Ones that have been updated to work with the current version of the game will probably work just fine.

19. Bobissosocool

Bobissosocool Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks dude!

20. Aerinea

Aerinea Space Spelunker

I'm having a nearly identical issue. I accidentally removed a door from a house in my colony, and the game crashed. It crashes again every time I try to get near that part of my colony to fix it, regardless of how I get there. I can't interact with my colonists, and the part of the colony doesn't even resolve on screen. There's an empty gap. I have a completely vanilla build.