1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Notice Glad Giraffe - Common Problems and Their Solutions

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by The | Suit, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Ilosis

Ilosis Space Hobo

So I've tried restarting my computer and nothing changed. The planet, npcs and objects freeze whenever I get near the glitched room, I can still do the things I mentioned before and cant teleport anywhere without crashing. Is there anything else you might recommend?

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Well the only option i can think of is find the coordinates of the colony and delete it from the universe folder so it regenerates.

3. naprettor

naprettor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had a similar problem. Probably you have removed the door and you get a too large area to calculate the boundaries of the room. The game crushed. Get it back or delete the colonizer[DOUBLEPOST=1451270586][/DOUBLEPOST]Why after the last update some NPCs not moving, not attacking me. This problem has already met someone or is it a problem of my game client?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  4. The | Suit

If you are having mods that is likely the issue - since if it was part of the vanilla game - more people would have reported it.

5. naprettor

naprettor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have a vanilla client. Maybe something happened when installing the patch on steam. Will try to reinstall.

6. The | Suit

If the issue persists - please make a new thread in the support forum with an image of the location where npcs are acting up.
    Then quit the game and post your starbound.log also

if you don't know how you can see this video.

7. Frost Spectre

Frost Spectre Big Damn Hero

Probably here already, Stairs or any ascending to left stop working at top step and blocks the movement.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  8. Predator_786

Predator_786 Void-Bound Voyager

I cannot launch the game.Message:
    Fatal Exception caught: (StarException) An error occured during
    loading: (ItemException) Duplicate item name 'shadowwallblock'
    found
    I don't know, what a reason of this error,because the game works before

9. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

You have 2 things with the ID "shadowwallblock". Did you install any mods recently?

10. ArmageddonDevil

ArmageddonDevil Void-Bound Voyager

can't seem to spawn tenants or revisit my old planets after the update.

11. lazarus78

You need to give more details.

What happens when you try? Do you get error messages? What about in your starbound.log?

As much detail as humanly possible.

12. ArmageddonDevil

No error messages, just never loads (even after 3-4 hours) I placed a deed down and the tenant never spawned, and every time I try to teleport to my old planets, colonies, and hangouts I just reappear in my ship. Oh, and every time I use the S.A.I.L. my game crashes (just happened)

13. lazarus78

You need to post your starbound.log. Seems like you have a bit going on.

14. ArmageddonDevil

Okay, where can I find that? also the problem seems to be exclusive to my main, so I started a new character.

15. Rubium Reserver

Rubium Reserver Intergalactic Tourist

I was on the boss fight in the weaponry testing facility and I killed the boss. I used a pulse staff, whatever you call it, the staff that creates a gem that pulses. Apparently the game thought I was an enemy after I defeated the boss, and when the penguin appeared out of the robot, I died from the pulses. Now, whenever I load onto the character, I can't see my character at all, as if it had just died at the teleporter of my ship, and a few seconds later it crashes. What can I do to fix this? I was really looking forward to playing.

16. Mazzle Jangus

Mazzle Jangus Space Hobo

Running on a vanilla multiplayer server. Everything's been running fine, but when I try to run the "Mysterious Party" quest, it goes to the transporting/loading screen, but then drops me back on the ship.

17. betailas

betailas Subatomic Cosmonaut

18. ArmageddonDevil

Found my log but it won't let me upload it, it also says the file type is 1 and there are 5 of them... I have no clue why

19. lazarus78

Backups. Every time you start the game it pushes the old lag to .log.1, and it pushes .log.1 to .log.2. Etc.

Either upload it somewhere else or just post the log contents in a spoiler tag.

20. ArmageddonDevil

here it is... I do have a fair bit of mods, but no one else reported having the same problems

Attached Files: