1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Notice Glad Giraffe - Common Problems and Their Solutions

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by The | Suit, Aug 29, 2015.

1. RockTheBank

RockTheBank Void-Bound Voyager

Ah. Don't know how I missed that. Thanks!

2. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

I find myself needing to Save & Exit a lot while exploring dungeons and while visiting the outpost. My FPS drops fairly hard in these areas, but they go back to normal when I Exit and log back in while still in those areas.
    I'm on the most current patch for Pleased Giraffe, not using any mods, and this occurs in both the normal launch as well as the 64-bit.

3. Omegabill117

Omegabill117 Aquatic Astronaut

im having a similar issue when I try to launch the game an error box appears saying

Fatal Exception caught: (StarException) An error occurred during
    loading: (MapException) Key 'visibleRect' not found in Map::get()

can anyone tell me how to fix this?

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

That is actually a different issue.
    It is basically saying some parameter which has been saved is not part of an index.

It could be due to a mod saving bad data - something causinfg a coruption of data or various other issues.
    Your best bet is to do a restore.

5. krzysztofg1

krzysztofg1 Space Spelunker

the game was working perfectly, but i got bored so i started downloading mods. i finished all the quests except the one you finish after completing the 3rd mission. whenever i try playing the 3rd mission, it loads forever and never finishes loading and i have to restart the game. im not sure if the mods are the issue since the other 2 missions still work perfectly.

6. The | Suit

Since no one has complained of this issue.
    It is most likely a mod issue.

You will need to contact the mod author for further support. As they are the ones who are responsible for their own support.

krzysztofg1 likes this.
  7. krzysztofg1

krzysztofg1 Space Spelunker

I downloaded alot of mods so it might be that 2 arent working well. Ill try to get rid of them, do the mission and redownload, ill lose alot of stuff, but it might work.

8. edin

edin Master Chief

found a strange bug on pleased giraffe
    i imported one of my characters from a stable build, and loaded my ship.
    one of my avian friends turned sideways and teleports randomly
    i am running a 32x opengl starbound if that helps

Attached Files:

9. JakeR242

JakeR242 Space Hobo

Currently using pleased Giraffe ver 5. I was playng online with a friend when we both returned to my ship to fix it, when the rabbit appeared to be fixing the ship, my entire computer crashed and showed me a bunch of loose assets. Now i went back to play again and it seems like the AI was not rebooted, yet my matter manipulator is functional, so I can't do the thing to move the the selection over to "upgrade". Is there any fix for this? I'm playing in Windows 10 if that helps.

10. The | Suit

Use admin commands to restore your ship.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/collection-of-admin-codes-for-nightly-build.80548/

11. AstrayaRosewood

AstrayaRosewood Yeah, You!

Every time I try to run the game it crashes and gives me this message. Capture.PNG

12. The | Suit

You should contact the associated mod author.
    This is for vanilla issues only.

13. Jerry Noeda'an

Jerry Noeda'an Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am having an issue (Vanilla and Modded), where after making a character, enable matter manipulator and the teleporter, I try to beam down to planet. The animation plays for about 2 seconds, then I end up right back where I was on the ship. I've seen other people having this error, but no one seems to have posted this here. I've renamed my Giraffe_storage folder and disabled mods, deleted the universe and player data before that. Tried all vanilla races and two of the modded races I have. Reddit reported having issue as well, except multiplayer was fine. Seems to be only singleplayer, regardless of mods or not, and is hit-or-miss with whoever gets it. Some people do, some people don't.

I am running Windows 10 x64, on a Sony Vaio, if that kind of specs gives any clue. It runs a decent 60 fps, and has worked before over the years (Remember Variety is the Spice of the Universe, before it's functions were integrated into Frackin' Flora?) Never had this happen to me before, but google shows that plenty have had this error before and managed to get to surface after 70 or so beams. Ain't no way I am going to spend that long doing that.

EDIT: Went and got a copy of my log. It keeps doing the same error over and over with a bunch of strings in between:

Clearing broken world CelestialWorld:-997722129:-351807465:-196566697:4:1
    UniverseServer: Loading celestial world -997722129:-351807465:-196566697:4:1
    UniverseServer: Could not load celestial world -997722129:-351807465:-196566697:4:1, removing! Cause: (VersionedJsonException) VersionedJson identifier mismatch, expected 'WorldMetadata' but got ''
    UniverseServer: Creating celestial world -997722129:-351807465:-196566697:4:1
    Placing dungeon naturalcave
    Generating dungeon naturalcave (NOT FORCED)
    Placing dungeon at (1545, 875)
    Failed to place dungeon object: talljar1 direction: 0 position: (1827, 535)
    Failed to place dungeon object: woodencrate1 direction: 0 position: (1829, 535)
    Failed to place dungeon object: metalbarrel1 direction: 1 position: (1831, 535)

14. Shanianowhere

Shanianowhere Void-Bound Voyager

I am having the same issue, it is super laggy whenever I am in one of my towns or in the outpost. I hadn't tried logging out and back in. I did not have this issue at all before the update to Pleased Giraffe.

I also found a Sewer Dungeon and discovered all of the monsters except The Po were stuck and didn't react to my presence (I could walk right past them without damage or retaliation). Kind of odd that only The Po that were in there reacted like a normal monster, but the Po Golems, Sewer Flies, and Glitch Spiders did nothing. I could kill them though. Not sure if there were suppose to be treasure chests in it since I hadn't found a Sewer Dungeon before but there were no rewards in the dungeon to collect.

I also found that after the update, all of my stairs that I had lined up more than one across got screwed up and I couldn't walk through them anymore (in one case, I jumped onto one side of the "ladder" I had made out of standard staircase blocks two across and my character kept flying up the stairs until it hit the ceiling and stopped). It seems to only affect stair and platform pieces I already placed and resolved itself when I removed them and put them back. Rather annoying since I had many "staircases" built into my houses.

Those are the bugs I've found so far.

EDIT: I also do not use any mods, my game is purely vanilla.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  15. Shanianowhere

Shanianowhere Void-Bound Voyager

I also wanted to report another bug. I have a colony in the asteroid belt Pyromia Myriad VI. I have a teleporter inside my space station I built in the asteroid belt. I also have a very suicidal tenant in said space station who routinely walks into the teleporter, presses the button, and vaporizes himself. I've stood and watched him do it 3-4 times before he successfully teleports back into the room, vomits, and stops trying to kill himself for a couple minutes.

Well, I was standing on the teleporter planning my next trip when the suicidal jerk came over and murdered himself on the teleporter. Not only did he kill himself, he subsequently killed me too. It was frustrating because I lost 2k pixels because of it. Needless to say I don't have this tenant in the space station anymore as I promptly removed his deed but am now concerned other tenants might do the same thing. This only seems to happen on the asteroid belt for some reason. His replacement Delaney hasn't killed himself or anyone else yet so it seems to have just been Yang.

EDIT: He also kills himself flipping this wall switch for some reason. It's not connected to anything, just wall decoration. I hadn't seen any of my dudes die flipping switches before but after the update I've been finding piles of pixels laying near the switches in my space station. Yang isn't satisfied killing himself either, anyone near him will die. He has killed Billy a couple times when playing with a console I have. Please see screenshots for the remnants from his suicidal tendencies next to the devices that killed them: the teleporter, the Command Console, and the Small Wall Switch.

In the teleporter, that's Yang's deed showing he's dead:
    [​IMG]
    After flipping the switch (That's Yang, sitting next to his blood money):
    [​IMG]
    After he had taken out poor Billy, that's Billy's deed panel showing he's dead:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  16. cheesemaster

cheesemaster Yeah, You!

I didn't see this one but when I launch the game it won't launch and the error message says: Fatal Exception caught: (IOException) Rename error: 3

17. Ilosis

Ilosis Space Hobo

So I've been making a big colony and when I was removing some blocks of one of the settlers homes to make room for another everything froze. I couldn't mine anything, I couldn't talk to anyone and when I tried to teleport back to ship I was stuck in an endless loading screen. I closed the game and launched it back up, went back to the city and still had the same problems plus half the world was cut out, I've been able to delete items from my inventory, change my clothes and even kill myself and have those things saved while stuck in the colony but nothing in the colony itself changes. Is there a way to fix the colony and keep it or have I lost it forever?

Attached Files:

18. Infinatious

Infinatious Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not entirely sure if this goes here or not, but recently, when I've been playing, the gameplay has been somewhat slow. Not low fps or anything, just slow movements, animations, etc. The game is playable, but it becomes much more difficult when you have to shoot a monster and it takes a bit to hit the monster. This only seems to happen when I am exploring planets, not while on the ship, and only happens randomly.

My computer is not very good, so that very well may be the issue.

EDIT: I found an optimization mod, and it seems to be working well.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  19. The | Suit

It is in Giant Orange Letters.

Optimization will only come during the last phase before 1.0 releases.

A loading \ processing issue.
    Hard to say if the planet is lost. Sometimes just a computer restart may fix it.
    Planet is corrupted.

This thread isn't the place to report bugs - please report bugs you find in the main support forum.

20. naprettor

naprettor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please help!
    After the last update in the sewer dungeons all monsters just stand and not move. So they do not attack me, but they can be killed. What is the problem?

Up

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015