Other Git Gud Fox: YouTube covering Stardew Valley

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Git Gud Fox, May 9, 2018.

1. Git Gud Fox

Git Gud Fox Poptop Tamer

Whelp, I'm launching the channel. The first legit episode is out. I'm currently doing guides since I think that will be desired for new players when multiplayer 1.3 comes out.

Why am I Fox? Because I'm cunning but also aggravating and weird smelling.

You veteran farmers will likely know the stuff I'm covering, but I think it'll do good for anyone you are trying to get into the game. Plus, it can be fun to just hear factoids that you may have overlooked.

The theme of my channel is that "you don't have to be good to git gud."

I use a few programs to live up to this name, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, Audition, and FL Studio 12 and I try my best to actually do something with them without any formal training to demonstrate that YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE GOOD... to git gud.

I'm sure people will also have fun nit picking any details I get wrong.

Newest Episode: Updated (Wednesday, May 16, 2018)

Welcome to Git Gud Fox

A subject of interest to me is how games, like Stardew Valley, capture audiences in the AAA dominated mainstream. I am likely going to make a more laid back video (video editing is a lot of effort) simply discussing the philosophy of why modern games don't appeal to a pretty sizable quantity of gamers.

My thoughts on it are that it has many reasons for this, but I want to discuss the "formulaic quality" and "saturation" of AAA games that have made them blur together into 1 category people would likely call "meh."

Any ideas you have on why a game like SDV does it for you over your Call of Dutys and Battlefields would be interesting to read.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    • Kristallflamme

Kristallflamme Seal Broken

Thx for the video with the crops :3 do you have something for summer and autumn too? <3

Git Gud Fox likes this.
      • Git Gud Fox

Git Gud Fox Poptop Tamer

That's the goal... at least eventually. I'm still learning how to do this whole make videos thing, so I don't construct them as quickly as a pro.

• Honor Shipping

Honor Shipping Orbital Explorer

Just listen to people talking in a game like Call of Duty or Battlefield, and then read through these forums for a bit and that should answer your question. Not to be mean to the people screaming into their headsets or anything, but...

• Git Gud Fox

Git Gud Fox Poptop Tamer

So you don't like the chest thumping trash talk is what I'm gathering. Tbh, I am always in a private chat when I do multiplayer gaming, so I actually never hear how people act.

• Honor Shipping

Honor Shipping Orbital Explorer

That and I guess preference. I grew up watching family members play games like Wolfenstein, and was fascinated by them. But when I got to the playing part of it all, the fast-paced, competitive atmosphere and zero time to think and plan out what you're going to do was a huge turnoff for me (and the screaming as well, the trash talk didn't bother me nearly as much as incoherent nonsense being spouted at damaging levels for the sake of spouting it. Maybe I was just unlucky?). I found games like Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, and SDV to be much more relaxed and I could actually stop and think about what would be a better decision to make in terms of what I wanted to do next. This lovely computer screen prevents me from seeing into the lives of other individuals who play either genre of games (or both), but all of the people I personally know who also play SDV or similar games found said games after deciding that games like CoD and Battlefield weren't for them.

For me personally there's also an underlying repetitiveness in shooters, which I assume is what you were going for given that you specifically mentioned two shooters. At the core of it, you just shoot someone, run around a bit, shoot another person, get killed at some point, and do it all over again. While the same can easily be said about SDV, I find that SDV and the like, although SDV especially, give you many ways to change things up of your own accord, which is something I find games like CoD lack other than changing how you kill people.

I can get tunnel vision when it comes to shooters, so perhaps I'm not the best person to be replying, but I don't personally know anyone who enjoys both genres (though undoubtedly there are a number of people who do). They're completely different realms as far as I'm concerned, and this realm is where I'm more comfortable and able to enjoy gaming.

On a different note, I quite enjoy the video you provided. Between the tone of your voice and the images you add throughout, I don't get bored at all while watching.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2018
              • Git Gud Fox

Git Gud Fox Poptop Tamer

That's a relief. In my head, my voice sounds really word from the exterior. I hear it's because the acoustics inside of your skull cause you to hear the fullness of your voice. On top of that, microphones flatten your voice frequency. I use an equalizer to allow the bass of my voice through more, but hearing other people say my voice is working is definitely good news.

I think that certainly does give me ideas for follow up videos. The AAA market is only concerned with the largest demographics, leaving people who prefer my cerebral games to the wayside, left to fend for themselves.

The images originally came up as an idea to cut down on dead space, but I eventually come up with this idea of having the ancient fruit bicker with my logo. I might make it a reoccuring theme where ancient fruit periodically shows up to antagonize my video.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2018
                • Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding fairy Forum Moderator

Haihai. Please do not doublepost. :nuruhappy: Use the edit function instead to make additions to your previous post or wait until someone replied. :nuruhappy:
                  I merged the doubleposted posts :nurunaughty:

• Git Gud Fox

Git Gud Fox Poptop Tamer

My newest episode is up.

Parsnips, Blue Jazz, and Tulip, they're the worst crops for flat profit in the Spring season... but are they useless? That is what this video is all about.

• Git Gud Fox

Git Gud Fox Poptop Tamer

ALRIGHT, I think this video came out pretty good. I am sounding a lot closer to how I do IRL (somehow, talking into a microphone is really hard and makes me sound very stiff). I also composed some simple tunes for the transition scenes and am focusing on being a bit more humorous while still staying on point.

In this video, I cover the fundamentals of fishing. I see a lot of fishing guides, but they're mainly about where to fish or how to fish for the legendary fish. I don't see a lot of guides that are literally about developing your personal skill in fishing. That is what this video covers.

Here are the points.
                      • The mechanics that reduce the fishing minigame's difficulty. Make fishing easier quickly.
                      • The 3 primary ways to control the fishing bar.
                      • A selection of 4 fish of increasing difficulty to train again to get used to tough fish.

If you think I'm getting better, let me know, and if you think this guide was legitimately helpful, share it with your pals who you're going to be playing with in the multiplayer. I feel we're going to get a lot of new blood once the multiplayer goes live and the Vita gets it, so there are gonna be a lot of people who will need advice.