Getting to and past lv 100 Skull (No Exploits or Glitching)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bloodwolf03, Feb 4, 2019.

1. bloodwolf03

bloodwolf03 Void-Bound Voyager

I am looking for some advice or tips on how to get at least to lv 100 in the skull caverns.
    Right now I been trying it with stairs, bombs, going on the best luck days with some luck boosting food and coffee.

The only mod to notes is the stack everything mod. and the start time for me getting on the bus is 10:10 am and yes my pick is fully upgraded as well. I have no mod that slows down or stops the time while in the mines either.

So if anyone has some suggestions that do not involve any exploits or glitchs it would be appreciated

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I don't understand how you can't do it with stairs. Luck is irrelevant, 99 stairs is 9,900 stone, or roughly 10 inventory slots of stone. Assuming you have the fully upgraded backpack, you should have more than enough inventory space for this.

It requires no skill, no competence, no combat, no bombs, and no luck. All it requires is that you take with you ten stacks of stone, and each level you build, place, and use a stair.

If this is outside your capability, then I know of no way to get to level 100 within your capabilities outside of exploits, mods, or glitches.

kidkid123 and One More Day like this.
      • bloodwolf03

bloodwolf03 Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry for forgetting to mention that i do use the crafted stairs as well as any holes

• Power Berry

Power Berry Void-Bound Voyager

I got to level 79 the other day but had to leave as I had a few things to do plus I entered the mines around 1pm so lost a few hours anyway. 100 is possible and luck has everything to do with it...hit a few of those "fell 15 levels" holes

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

You just take ten stacks of stone with you. Simple.

Time does not progress while crafting or when in your inventory (unless multiplayer). Therefore, crafting and placing stairs takes almost no 'time' at all, with respect to the game. You can generally get three or four levels down before it even ticks over the ten minute mark.

Zero luck involved. Zero skill involved. Craft to win.

• Power Berry

Your statement above though just mentioned that you couldn't imagine getting to 100 without stairs or glitching and how you know no other way, just saying it's very possible without buying a bunch of rocks that cost almost 1mil. If you got to 100 that way you really didn't get there rather just visited....so many lazy gamers

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i'm using timespeed mod, so i'd have no problem with time (which i started to use due to so little time in general, while i bought the game to also relax with), but i can imagine otherwise
                go on a lucky day, take a few lucky lunches, and in case, you can also take many stones in case you are starting to run out of time, on top of that
                maybe a few "warp totem: farm" will get you home in time
                i have seen 1 that i love, even though i havent gotten into skull cavern yet, which is pumpkin soup, giving defense+2 and luck+2, then use cookings that give no buffs, so you don't override them with other buffs, like fruit salad and/or glazed yams, of which the latter is way easier to obtain with the greenhouse unlocked plus seed makers

also, go into the mines and get many stones to craft your staircases, since at least a few staircases will help with time
                just only use them when you see plenty of rocks, so that you don't need to search too much

• Power Berry

You PC players really love your mods huh lol? That's why I don't touch PC gaming right there

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i do, yes, but i bought the game to have a nice relaxing time,a dn that changed into a stressful time, as i needed a horse to rush everywhere, just to make it, or miss what i wanted to do
                    slowly over time, i started using more mods, making the game even more to my liking
                    it's simple: use the mods you like to use, and the rest you ignore
                    also barely has anything to do with PC gaming in general, but whatever you like

some use 1 or 2 mods they really want, others use 100 mods just to play around with.... i'm in the middle, i guess
                    have fun your on way, and don't let others ruin a game for you
                    also, this is the first game i use mods for, it's that addicting to me :)

• Miretar

Miretar Space Spelunker

I just reached level 100 on iOS today. I picked a day when the spirits were happy. I ate superfood and used staircases. I did not look for holes. I just slammed a staircase down as soon as i reached the next level, fighting only when I had to. I got to the desert a little after 10 and made it back to my farm by 7:30.

On my previous attempt I ate spicy eel and also used staircases, That attempt did not pan out—it took too long—it was 11pm by the time I reached level 87. My advice is not to use luck food. Superfood worked better and faster.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

hmm, so it takes that long already with just staircases
                        but i think the OP doesn't want to use staircases, and then luck food is the only useful way
                        also, Lucky Lunch gives +3 luck, instead of the luck+1 from Spicy Eel

my very first though after playing SDV from the beginning (i started not long ago), was "why does time go so fast?"
                        it's also the very first suggestion i made here, to slow down time, because i started to get stressed, instead of relaxed

so not sure if the OP will only use staircases now, but i hope they (he? seeing the male symbol...) will have a better time with it

• guitardude_324

guitardude_324 Big Damn Hero

I've only managed it once without abusing stairs.
                          -I used pumpkin soup that Robin taught me to make. +2 Luck and Defense.
                          -I was waiting at the bus stop for Pam at 10:30
                          -I had 100+ medium bombs.
                          -I had 1 stair to use in case I stumbled upon a monster-infested floor.
                          -Lots of coffee
                          -Spirits were happy that day.
                          -I have the good luck charm

I got really lucky with holes, used bombs a lot. Made 3-5 stairs (using stone I got in the cavern) for a couple of the floor layouts that I hate. I think I made it to 100 around 12:00am. I remember I was able to advance to floor 107 I think. When I talked to Mr. Qi, he congratulated me for not abusing the stairs crafting.

NOW I know this post asks how to do it without abusing exploits or cheats, but I like to use the cavern to get lots of Gold, Iron, Copper, Coal and Iridium, (I make a lot of kegs (360), Bee Boxes (300), Crystalariums generating diamonds (I think I'm around 80-90, bottlenecked because of inability to get a lot of batteries). So I occasionally use these two exploits.

-Speed boost exploit - I accidentally discovered this, but if you get hit by a slime, you get the slowed status and you'll move really slow. If you drink a coffee (you may need to drink 2) you'll start moving really quick. Once that slime-slowed effect wears off, you'll have super speed for as long as the coffee lasts. BUT! You can extend it buy eating another meal that has status buffs (doesn't have to be a speed buff), I eat Lucky Lunch or Pumpkin Soup. You will get the benefit of the luck from the new meal, but the speed boost stays around until that meal wears off. As long as you keep eating, that speed boost will stay with you.
                          -Get Pam to start early- Wait outside Pam's trailer she steps out around 8am. If you block her, she gets mad and starts walking really fast. You can get her to the bus stop between shortly after 9am.

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

I came across this post from @PrincessBubblegum (I think that it's the same person, based on the YouTube channel) on reddit, she did lv100 only using 5.000g of investment, I highly recommend that you read and see the YouTube video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...stpatch_13_skull_cavern_guide_floor_430_275k/

This game only is challenging if you play without proper planning, because there are a lot of luck involved as well, if you plan things ahead you can minimize your luck factor (I'm not talking about the Luck stat of the game, but actual luck). But a lot of things come with trial and error.

• Power Berry

That video is trash lol. Look at the first 5 minutes of the video when she falls down the hole...watch how in a microsecond things change after she lands, can you spot the difference? I can lol I can't stand pc especially when they make videos attempting to show something blah blah cheat cheat

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

I did not notice any skips, that text bubble on next floor is common if you're trying to skip the dialogue fast, are you sure that you aren't just jealousy?
                                I think that you're referring to this moment.
                                Edit: minute 6: 33

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

that seemed just like a flash, which happens often when using shafts, you sometimes see a flash of another floor, probably one that you skip due to the shaft
                                  and the part "I can't stand pc" i see a lot from you (talking to Power Berry), so i am having a hard time taking you seriously, sorry...
                                  you bash a LOT on PC SDV players, and that's a shame

musical74 and WilliamZ like this.
                                  • Power Berry

I was referring to 5.03 I didn't watch past that. She jumps down the hole then lands back on the same floor? It happens pretty fast. Oh you haven't seen me bash pc players lol if anything I've been really kind. If they didn't cheat so much at every single video game maybe things would be different but we live in a very interesting time for gaming. Jealousy of what? Perhaps that log cabin that ps4 players are unable to get because a update for the consoles (which gave this game some nice exposure) seemed to be overlooked somehow...Also I don't post on here a lot so you should check your stats before bashing people like they just go around saying something all the time

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

that's already expecting all PC players to be the same
                                      and what's the problem with "cheats" that slow down time? i even gave the reason why i did it

and now check back what you typed in just this 1 topic "pc players this, pc players that"
                                      anyway, everyone plays their own ways, whether or not it's cheating, it's the way people play
                                      if time would've been slower from the start, i'd probably still not even use mods by now (and if fishing wasn't a hell to me)

lets check 5.03.... also looks like a flash i mentioned before, that's all
                                      and as far as i know, it takes time for all consoles to get updated, not JUST ps4.... switch seems to be easier, i guess

• Power Berry

Switch was updated first because it was new money...ps4 is old money. Switch was a chance for more potential buyers nothing more ps4 people Xbox as well already bought it so. Using a mod to slow down time lol really? Why not just disable time altogether and make it even simpler for you then you could just play one continuous long day? I don't care how anyone plays really just pointing out the obvious

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

sigh.... i gave you the reason already, and it's not to make the game easier, just more relaxing than stressing, which was the reason i bought this game

also, first "Using a mod to slow down time lol really? Why not just disable tim altogether and make it eevn simpler for you then you could just play one continuous long day?" which makes no sense, as crops wouldnt grow at all, until i go save the game
                                          and then you come with "I don't care how anyone plays"

slow down time to do more in a game is NOT the same as freezing time to do everything til the end, and then going to the next day
                                          i'll stop this now, and i suggest you do the same, as you are only making enemies this way, and that's no fun

have fun.....