1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Getting stuck in ash (falling blocks) while in sphere mode

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Zinerith, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

This is not exactly a bug, but an unforeseen, serious problem.

So, the problem is that I found that if one is in sphere mode and gets buried in falling blocks, like silt, ash, slime, rubble or slush, there is no way to escape until you starve and die (which takes incredible time)

I don't suffocate, since I have the no oxygen pack on (Or an upgraded form) and cannot transform back because there is no space for my character, and thus cannot dig my way out, so this causes i big issue.

What I propose is that when someone is stuck inside of something as a ball, they simply get transformed back to regular form. Easier said than done, i know, but it is the only solution I can think of, besides making a "crushed" mechanic, which will hurt you until you die.

On the same note, Earlier, when I was in a Hlotle underwater city, I was unable to get out of the way of the waterlock door in time, and got stuck inside, unable to hit either button (since one cannot reach through walls.)

Because this issue crops up in more than one way, perhaps on top of transforming back from sphere mode to normal mode when being crushed, it should be made that when you are stuck inside of anything, you start to get crushed? Perhaps not fast enough to not be able to escape if you can, but that will certainly kill you faster than waiting to starve to death.

Hope to hear back on this one! They are easy to replicate, and I believe I have described it well enough, so I won't bother attaching the picture (Since you can't see my guy anyway, he's buried as a ball in ash, haha) (However, in the waterlock door I indeed could see my person. Sadly, I didn't think to make a screenshot back then)