Modding Help Getting Perfectly Generic Item instead of mod weapon

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Str4ng3l0v3, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Str4ng3l0v3

Str4ng3l0v3 Space Hobo

Hello. I've built a new weapon - broadsword - based of the code from this thread - threads/weapons-tutorial.123448/
    The game launches and loads just fine(after whole night of editing, whatever), but trying to spawn weapon from my mod gives me a Perfectly Generic Item. Here's all the mod files(all of them), even those i don't use yet, like "swoosh"(i use standard ones).

Attached Files:

2. The_Vecter

The_Vecter Space Hobo

You my be getting generic items because you misspelt the name of your modded item. E.g.
    “itemname” : “exampleitem”
    Then in starbound you would put in /spawnitem exampleitem
    Not /spawnitem example item
    Hope this helps

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  3. Str4ng3l0v3

Str4ng3l0v3 Space Hobo

Welp, i checked everything, and still it doesn't work. But, still, thanks for the suggestion.

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Well, aside from terrible formatting (Zero indenting on the animation file), everything seems ok. Maybe the "comments" that the animation file has in them. That is the only thing I changed/removed. Though your "swoosh" files are not being used at all because the config is looking for "tearswoosh.png". I don't think that would cause you to get a PGI though. It spawned mostly fine for me.

5. The_Vecter

The_Vecter Space Hobo

Maybe you just forgot to put your mod into the mods file in starbound? I don’t know what else could be spawning a PGI instead of your item.

6. Str4ng3l0v3

Str4ng3l0v3 Space Hobo

Can you specify the lines and what you changed?
    Maybe just load the changed file, if you still have it.
    Thanks for the reply btw.

7. Str4ng3l0v3

Str4ng3l0v3 Space Hobo

Actually, i found these "comments" myself, and after deleting them, everything "works just fine"(the animations is just terrible, but i'm working on it.)
    Thanks for helping.