1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Getting beamed back to ship upon beaming down

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by HarmonicRev, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Soo i took a more detailed look into the modlists:
    @JAZR it seems to be related to one of the race mods (maybe also the avali drone pet)
    @Animaster78900 it's probably one of the mods that uses not the patch format. According to the log and all you can run into issues with fishing too. I don't know if the mod "Earth's Finest - Crew Improvements" already switched to the patch format completly.
    maybe it's worth a try

~ Iris ~

2. JAZR

JAZR Poptop Tamer

when you say race mod, do you mean player race or monsters? ill remove them both and try again! thanks hun

3. Iris Blanche

Removing monster mods *can* have impact on previously generated world and maybe cause an error because the types are missing. I'm not 100% sure about this but it's something you should keep in mind when checking.
    With race mods i specifically mean player races (avali race, felin race such mods). They can be affected when adding own cities/towns/dungeons etc.

Also please don't call me "hun". i don't like that much ^^'

~ Iris ~

JAZR likes this.
  4. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

Okay, I made a PSA earlier (like 7 hours ago) on the steam forums about changing to the .patch format and The Suit came and told me that wouldn't do anything.

For projectiles and player.configs if I were to fix the mods myself, what lines of code would I have to add to the .projectile file extension in addition to adding .patch to the end of it?

Also for mods that add .monstertypes, adding in the code

"appliesWeatherStatusEffects" : true,

fixed a mod after someone tinkered with one. Followed by an official modder patch a few hours later.

I also removed the Worlds Finest - Crew IMprovements last night thinking that was a potential problem with no success.

I found that the mod for the Avali (Triage) Race mod had monstertypes without the line of code to adjust to the new status effect change.

I was considering modifying it myself, but I have no idea what kind of adverse effects that would have on worlds so I didn't mess with it. And I also saw like 20 or so different monstertype files so I was like "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  5. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I'm getting this same critical bug, where i can't visit new worlds, I don't have any mods list in post #11, but I do run the workshop version of Earth's Finest - Crew Improvements, although its not listed I also run Too Dumb to Live: Crew Lava/Poison immunity, along with several other mods both in workshop form and direct download form.

I have included a zip of the log files to help with finding the issue,some are from working sessions before the error, some are from after when I loaded up backup files of my save (Player and Universe folders).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  6. Iris Blanche

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't had start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

~ Iris ~

7. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I uploaded my log files in the previous post, hopefully its an easy issue to fix, I do run a lot of mods including one of my own and two personal edits along side standard and workshop mods.

8. Iris Blanche

Does one of your mods add new monstertypes? if yes you'll have to add the new node "appliesWeatherStatusEffects". If not it's one of the other mods that you're using that needs an update.
    One of these mods could cause this issue: AndroidFluffalo, Passive Wildlife, Additional Species 1 (if this mod adds new npcs), Hunter Crewmembers

~ Iris ~

9. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

My custom mod and both personal edits don't add any new mob types, the Kitsune Race one just adds a playable race to the game but no NPCs.

Narrowing things down based on the posted list:

Additional Species 1, only adds a slot for custom races with no NPCs (I need it to run my personal edit of the Kitsune race mod)
    Passive Wildlife, worked before the update and it makes most mobs ignore you unless you attack first, no new ones added
    AndroidFluffalo, worked before the update and adds a new farm animal that drops RAM sticks (I keep it on my ship with the other live stock)
    Hunter Crewmembers, worked before the update and adds a new crew member type

I might have to check Passive Wildlife, AndroidFluffalo, and Hunter Crewmembers for updates still, hopefully they can be fixed if any of them is the cause, but I have no clue how to unpack workshop mods.

10. Iris Blanche

Report it to the mod authors so they can fix it by their own and release an update.

~ Iris ~

11. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I checked the mod pages and it looks like it was Passive Wildlife causing the issue, I reported it on it's workshop page since it doesn't have a listing in these forums.

HarmonicRev likes this.
  12. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

New information has been brought to my attention.

If anyone experiencing this issue has the mod "Murdercraft" then removing it should fix the problem for you. Someone posted in my PSA about when they removed the mod that their game worked. I did the same and I could beam down to planets. The creator of the mod is going to work on a patch soon though.

13. HarmonicRev

HarmonicRev Subatomic Cosmonaut

I fixed it. For anyone wondering what was wrong with mine; the mod passive wildlife is not compatible with Starbound's latest version.

14. JAZR

JAZR Poptop Tamer

ok, well! i was on this thread yesterday and thought i had figured it out,but i tried beaming down to my ocean biome main base and it forces me to teleport back up to my ship. i know IRIS told me it was either one of my custom race mods or the avali drone pet when she looked at my log, but ive since removed the drone pet and the game still wont go. i cant remove the avali race mod even if it is the one causing the issue, i am completely dependant on it. to my confusion, other people on this thread have attained success by removing either "passive wildlife", or "murdercraft" but i never had either of those to begin with. is it something to do with the ""appliesWeatherStatusEffects"? ive attached my log below, thanks for any help

Attached Files:

15. Iris Blanche

The avali race mod is afaik already updated. Following mods *CAN* be causing this error (not 100% sure since i don't know their contents though):
    - Obe Monster Parts (depending on if they alter types in the wrong way or add new)
    - Stephans Monster Parts (depending on if they alter types in the wrong way or add new)
    - Monster Part Mod Pack (depending on if they alter types in the wrong way or add new)
    - More Starbound Critters 1.3
    - Deathclaw

appliesWeatherStatusEffects is a new node in the monstertypes (and npcs too afaik). Every npc/monster that is missing this node in their respective definition will cause this error.

~ Iris ~

16. JAZR

JAZR Poptop Tamer

thanks iris, so one of those 5 mods needs to be updated before my worlds work again? is there any feasible way for me myself to fix this, somehow adding the new node to its proper place? also, you seem to think removing monster part mods is a surefire way to fuck up my game, would you advise against me removing any of these? should i just wait till the authors catch up? would the "deathclaw" mod be properly removable as its an individual creature added and not a set of parts integrated?

17. Iris Blanche

I wouldn't advice removing them on a already running game. Make a backup of your storage folder and test the mods on a fresh universe to find the culprit. It seems that i forgot to mention that step in this topic here.
    To fix it by yourself you'll have to unpack the modfiles and search for the monstertype files (check npcs too) and add the node to them. For this step you should at least know the basics of json. Otherwise it's possible that you can mess up these files.
    Also when finding a mod that is causing the issue ALWAYS report it to their respective mod authors so they can fix it.

~ Iris ~

18. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

The Vanilla .monstertypes have the status effect True or False ?

I'm also adding the code to a mod and check if it doesn't cause any issue, then maybe upload it on Steam Workshop

19. Iris Blanche

Vanilla monsters should have it set to true. At least for the files i did check. It's possible that it can differ for some types so the best would be checking the files by yourself.

~ Iris ~

20. JAZR

JAZR Poptop Tamer

EVERYONE I FIGURED IT OUT, ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761571617&searchtext= ). turns out my problem this whole time was "more critters 1.1" being out of date, i checked with a mod author and he told me people had found a resolution through unsubscribing to the prior one and subbing to the new one. yeah so thanks again for all the help iris and others

Iris Blanche likes this.