1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Getting beamed back to ship upon beaming down

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by HarmonicRev, Sep 20, 2016.

1. HarmonicRev

HarmonicRev Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am getting sent back to my ship immediately after beaming down. I can't beam down to any planets without this happening. I'm not sure what's going on.

I've attached my Starbound.log.

I appreciate any help with this issue.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

One of the mods you're using isn't updated to 1.1.1 and doesn't use the proper patch format. Since your list is quite big it's hard to find out which one. Affected files are: projectile.config (probably a weapon mod), player.config (probably caused by the exact same mod).

~ Iris ~

JAZR and HarmonicRev like this.
  3. HarmonicRev

HarmonicRev Subatomic Cosmonaut

I removed all weapon mods but the issue is still occurring. Can you confirm if the error has changed at all?

It's worth noting it's no longer instant, it takes a moment before I'm sent back to the ship.

Attached Files:

4. ThelilSqueaker

ThelilSqueaker Space Hobo

i have been having the same problem
    and i created a chucklefish account to look for help because the problem makes the game unplayable.

5. JAZR

JAZR Poptop Tamer

since the 1.1.1 update every time i teleport down there the game hesitates to load and forces me back to my ship. oddly enough, if i keep trying to force the teleport it will work after 6 or so tries but only for so long, and it seems like whenever i make any hasty movements down on the planet it causes my character to be kicked to ship. any ideas as to what i could do to add insight to the situation? ive attached my log, thanks in advance for any help

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

One of your mods isn't updated to 1.1.1 It's probably a mod that adds new monster types. Since your list is quite big it's a bit hard to track down the mod. You can try disabling one mod after another and see if the issue persists. This can be slightly problematic since it is possible that the world will also crash when the used monstertype is removed.

~ Iris ~

7. JAZR

JAZR Poptop Tamer

is it possible to TRY removing this mod? all i have to do is make a backup save of my character and reinstall the backup if it crashes once removed? are you sure it would cause crashing or would you say its worth a shot? id prefer not to restart my character as im very invested lol

also, iris, are you one of the people that helped create starbound?

8. Iris Blanche

Please use the edit function ^^

It can crash if the monstertypes are removed but i'm not 100% sure about this. I never had much to do with these files ^^ If you're familiar with unpacking mods you can also unpack all the mods and scan for files with the monstertype extension. If they don't contain "appliesWeatherStatusEffects" then you found the mod. Before performing these steps make a backup of your storage folder.

Nope but i like it to help people in the support forums what i'm doing now for about...2 years....i guess (i had a break of 9-10 months between iirc)
    But this is offtopic. If you have specific questions to me write them in a pm ^^ I'll answer them there unless they're too private :p

~ Iris ~

JAZR likes this.
  9. JAZR

JAZR Poptop Tamer

cool, thanks! so what youre telling me now though is that EVERY time starbound updates im at the mercy of every monster-parts mod author to catch up? i wouldve left that part of the game unmodded if id known this could be an issue. i have 0 experience unpacking mods, so ill just wait then. oddly enough i can travel some worlds unaffected for some time but others are untouchable

10. Iris Blanche

Not every update breaks this file type. The last update introduced a new weather behaviour which affects monstertypes with one special node in their files. That node is the reason because of this crash. The worlds you can visit are not affected by the mod that adds said monsters. I could take a look onto your modlist later and try to figure out what mod could be probably be the cause of it if you want.

~ Iris ~

JAZR likes this.
  11. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

I've found several mods that didn't contain "appliesWeatherStatusEffects" on monstertype extension files. I have removed them, but the problem persist. So I think I'm missing a couple of mods that aren't very obvious. I'll go ahead and list my findings so far though.

Nightars race mode
    munari race mod
    Avali Drone Pet - Purchasable Pets Edition

Although creatures that aren't on a planet shouldn't affect all worlds... should it?

Iris Blanche likes this.
  12. Iris Blanche

Yep that's totally right. The error only occurs when said monstertype is loaded on a planet/ship/mission etc.

~ Iris ~

Animaster78900 likes this.
  13. Animaster78900

Hmm. Should I post my log file then? Because I'm positive I've removed any mods that don't have the node within the monstertype extension, and yet I still get the error.

I don't suppose there's a way I can make a mod that patches every monstertype with the node in it in the event that it's missing?
    Would it be possible that if I visited a planet before the 1.1.1 update, that any monsters on any planets I've visited don't have the extension for whatever reason?

14. Iris Blanche

The new node is directly loaded from the monster type definition so worlds are not affected if they were previously generated.
    If you can attach you log i can take a look onto it later. Still got some stuff to do atm ^^

~ Iris ~

15. Animaster78900

Of course. One moment. In the mean time I'll continue combing through my mods and compile a list of any suspected mods that may be causing the problem.

I also apologize for my mod list. I play with my friend and he keeps getting a bunch of mods. It's really frustrating lol

Attached Files:

16. Iris Blanche

No need to be sorry ^^
    I see that you have unpacked assets in your assets folder. It maybe worth it removing those folders. Make sure only the packed.pak file and the user folder is there. It's possible that they override some files too and cause some unwanted behaviour and issues.

~ Iris ~

17. Animaster78900

I swear I removed that blasted folder ages ago. I'll report momentarily if this fixes the issue...

Edit: Oh wait, I think these folders are leftovers after patches and stuff. These folders are ancient and from 2014. Lol

18. Iris Blanche

Maybe they're remnants from early access. There were some reports in the past where removing the unpacked assets helped for different issues ^^ Even if it's not solved it's always good to have the assets root folder clean :D

~ Iris ~

19. Animaster78900

Yeah, I realized what you meant a moment later and edited my previous message.

2014. Man. That's old.

20. The_Daily_Herp

The_Daily_Herp Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, is one of your mods by any chance the mario blocks mod? I had the same problem, and this mod was causing it as it hasn't been updated to 1.1.1