Getting a specific tenant.

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Moonblaster, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Moonblaster

Moonblaster Seal Broken

Hi!

So i've come to a halt with my lab/commandcenter at the moment.

I'm trying to get human scientists to move in, but i dont seem to have the right quota of items to get that specific character.

This is what i've gotten so far with various items;
    Apex scientist/laboratorian
    Human Spacetraveler
    Ordinary humans
    hylotl merchants

I really dont know what to add.
    I've used http://starbounder.org/Tag:Science as my source as what to add. But all i get is either apex scientists or ordinary humans..

2. SephMoon

SephMoon Phantasmal Quasar

Getting the tenant you want can sometimes be tricky when trying to use furniture that has multiple overlapping tags. I think the main reason you get a lot of Apex scientists is due to the frequent overlap between science and apex tags. To increase your chances of a human scientist, trying using the furniture from that list that has the "science" tag without the "apex" or "apexresearchlab" tags. That should reduce the chances of an Apex spawning. I think adding extra furniture with the "human" tag would also increase the chance of a scientist being human.

So, make sure you have 24 blocks worth of furniture with only the "science" tag, and 8 blocks worth of furniture with the "human" tag. Also, remember that doors also count towards these totals.

Assuming this works to get you a human scientist, you should then be able to customize the furniture in the room as long as you don't fall below these block totals, otherwise the tenant will start complaining about the changes. This means that you could then add science furniture with the apex tags without losing your human tenant, since they will only care if the science value stays 24 or higher.

At least...I think that's how it works from what I've observed with my tenants so far. Not completely sure in this case since I never tried to spawn a scientist before.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  3. Moonblaster

Moonblaster Seal Broken

Thanks for your reply!

I've managed to scramble together scientists, mostly human, by just adding the Colony Deed and removing it until i got the desired tenant! Had to do it like 20 times per room, but it was worth it. Cant have a lab/science-room with florans :D

4. Mariel141

Mariel141 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Floran findss that racisst. :nurumad:

5. Aquatic Darkness

Aquatic Darkness Big Damn Hero

Will this work for trying to get hylotl scientists too?