1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Get the game during beta?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Rotary, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotary

Rotary Pangalactic Porcupine

I was wondering when the beta is launched if I can still purchase beta access + the final product.
    And if this beta access will ever be sold on steam.

Thanks!

2. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

i believe the price will go up and nothing will go towards the stretch goals after that though. that's as far as i know.

Edit: but if they allow you to purchase after pre-order closses(which is when beta goes live) then you might stilll be able to go in.

3. ArmyOfOne

ArmyOfOne Orbital Explorer

I'm pretty sure the only way to get into the beta is to pre-order. Then you'll have to wait till its release, with a higher price.

4. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

I think there were rumors floating around that they may close beta access after beta goes live.

DaviDeil, Dinosocks and Autzome like this.
  5. Autzome

really? interesting. you might be correct on that one! i haven't looked at info for the beta/pre-order

6. Daitenshi

Bah where is bacon when you need him, He's full of information. Let me go lurk around and see what i can find.

Autzome likes this.
  7. Autzome

thanks, i'm also interested in this information, a friend of mine wants the game but wants to wait for beta; i wouldn't want him to miss out.

8. Daitenshi

• HOT! When Are you guys planning to release preorder also from steam?
    Tiy Reply: We're hoping we can bring the beta straight to steam, probably without a preorder.

• HOT! How long will pre-orders go for?
    Tiy Reply: They'll be going all the way up until we launch the beta.

• Will BETA be under DNA? (can't share content)
    DEV Reply: No, you are free to share, stream, print, etc.. in BETA.

From Here

9. Rotary

new question. Will they launch the preorder on steam?

10. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

No as the above post stated -
    Tiy Reply: We're hoping we can bring the beta straight to steam, probably without a preorder.

So no preorder on Steam. You'll be able to purchase it directly from there and get into the beta with Steam's 'early access' feature but we have reason to believe that it may be more expensive than the standard preorder tier, understandably.

DaviDeil and Aeit like this.
  11. Rotary

Ah, I just didn't fully understand it at first.

12. Aeit

Aeit Void-Bound Voyager

Im not good at English and im not form USA or something like that but Quantum clearly said that there will be no pre-order on steam because it already exist here on official site so its useless to bring it to steam. So if we buy here and now we get an steam key wich gives us the same acces as steam preorder.
    I also agree with Quantum ... games vaule outside Europe is USD and inside Europe is EURO wich is terribly more expensive.
    example if you cant understand my terrible english:
    For Europe:
    Starbound on steam: 20€
    Starbund on Humble store: 20$

20€=26$ mayby not so much but for poorer countries of europe its big difference.
    Example for Poland
    20€=80 PLN
    20$=63 PLN
    So now you see ...

Ethenyl likes this.
  13. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

buy starbound preorder from the site because it saves you $ 20 currently are 11, 85 euros and you ave beta acces and steam sound track is a great platform but in the case of self-financing as this is not appropriate because it would take an exorbitant percentage

14. Eccentric

Eccentric Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, I guess the prices will go higher.

15. DevonDe

DevonDe Big Damn Hero

What's your native language?

16. Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

I'm not sure prices will go up after the beta's released. Right now with the basic package you get access to the Starbound beta, a Steam key, and the Starbound soundtrack for $15. My guess is that once the preorder ends, you still pay $15 or so, but you don't get the soundtrack.

17. RedDire

RedDire Cosmic Narwhal

The soundtrack isn't all that valuable.
    I'm sure it'll become some free DLC or what-not.
    Besides, they're already letting people listen to 17 soundtracks for free on the homepage.
    By the time Starbound gets released, all the soundtracks will be free.

Anyway, yes, the prices will go up after pre-orders end.
    I'm 99.99% sure.

Zombie Draxx likes this.
  18. Delosumbra

Delosumbra Void-Bound Voyager

i agree RedDire i think the price will go up as well prob to about 20$ (which has been the staple for most indies nowadays) and lets face it even if i didn't preorder id still pay 20$ for this game i dont regret paying 10$ for terraria i enjoyed the 1000+ hrs i put into it money well spent i will gladly spend 20$ for the many MANY hours ill put into starbound (suck away those days off work!!!)

RedDire likes this.
  19. GameGecko

GameGecko Cosmic Narwhal

Probably Polish.

SuperMann likes this.
  20. Geist

Geist Void-Bound Voyager

Oh my.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.