1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel General Nuclears no longer unused robots and ohter drawing(now taking requsets only one at the time)

Discussion in 'Art' started by General Nuclear, Sep 24, 2014.

1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Oxygen Tank

There have been a lot of new pixel games now that have tried to make it with multiply endings and they all fail in the same way and thats that they make it so you can only get a different ending by doing something way too specific and only by doing that specific thing or you get the same ending over and over again no matter what because your not doing that specific thing.

If your gonna make a game with multiply endings then it have to be easy to understand and make everything matter and not only the big things, even the small simple things have to matter.
    Also but most importantly count in every person you helped or didn't (which is only logical to do in a multiply ending games, but is somehow ignored by absolutely! every new choice matter dev now days for some reason.. WHY!).

Screw you linkin park! In the End EVERTHING MATTERS!

robot's speakers big.png

anyway made the speaker mouse cursor for when you are gonna talk to someone. and haven't been able to work on the game because i am gonna moving to a different house here and there is a lot to do.

i first thought about a voice box with wires but figure i might as well just take the speaker in it self.

i am gonna add a little animation to that too so sound waves will come out of it.

*edited*
    bips's camera eye big.png

Can't figure out which i camera eye i should use as the cursor for examining things.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. General Nuclear

Road 1 2'1 better scaleing.png

i found out that i had to shrink him in certain areas of the game but mostly big areas and outdoors areas.
    the dummy is just to check the size.

standare person npc almost don big.png
    also here is some npcs that i am almost don drawing with the robots to show of their size.

i also thought about adding a dance challenge with some of the characters the disco dude is a obvious challenger.
    and the mechanics reapair you if you get damaged of course.

The emo was actually @Faeryheart 's idea. and the little girl was actually drawn by my niece after i showed her how to.

Main reason almost none of them have hands is because i am awful at drawing hands.

feel free to add any ideas for npcs if you feel for it.

*edited*
    Npc robots.png

Almost forgot the npc robots
    i need to resize many of them.

Anyway as i said if you come up with a npc that you would see in the game don't be afraid to tell me or show me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  3. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

some of the NPCs give me a real Fallout NV vibe

4. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

Could you add a dude who wears a really long trench coat and a wide brim fedora, basically like a 50's detective style thing?

General Nuclear likes this.
  5. General Nuclear

made a loading pizza because i was bored after our Norwegian national day, because i weren't able to visit the annual carnival because i had to spend my time with the family not that that wasn't nice.
    [​IMG]

https://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/f4493130-5a17-11e8-a701-a56e19fc0273.gif

evviva per l'italia!

[​IMG]
    didn't make the other gif but stil. (if you got the old forum theme then it almost looks like its floating)

All Glory to hypnopizza!

Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 10:43 PM
    The Purple Dragon likes this.
  6. General Nuclear

cletus running.png
    Finally found out what was wrong with cletus's ''walking'' now running turns out it was missing two panels which makes it 14 panels. this took me way too long but i figure i could use this for a running animation for him instead and make another one for his walking since it didn't quite fit with that animation for his walking.

just adding it here because my computer have been acting werid lately .

*edited*

bips doing the monkey because i was bored but because his arms are so thin it doesn't look that good would probably work better for cletus

[​IMG]
    https://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/bbda3517-5d20-11e8-be20-bdb1017cf41f.gif

*edited* i tryed to improve it but it only made him look like he was geek fighting
    https://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/b54f5d00-5d24-11e8-b806-bdb1017cf41f.gif

Last edited: May 21, 2018 at 7:29 PM
    The Purple Dragon likes this.