General Nitpicks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WoollyRex, Feb 27, 2016.

1. WoollyRex

WoollyRex Space Hobo

Hello! I just got the game, and I love it. But, I cant say that there arent a few things I wish were different. Ive already chimed in on some other threads, such as inventory management(and shopping) and character conversations, so here I just wanted to bring light to some tiny adjustments that could make the game a little better. And since it is such a new game, I was hoping that some of my general thoughts could be considered, and im sure that none of them are unwelcomed. So, here they are, and I hope other people can find them in favor as well :)

Character clothes colors: I found myself unable to change my shirt color in the character creator, and it would be nice to.

Hair animation: If it werent too hard, i think making the hair animate(or at least floppier ones, such as the ponytail) would give the character a bit more livliness.

Color sliders: being able to control them with arrow keys as well would give easier precision.

Quit to main menu: ease of load change

Save and quit: so i dont have to travel home and start a new day after doing only a few things if i have to quit abruptly

Drop items: so i dont have to trash something, or be able to drop from hotbar

Characters: talk to them more than twice (accidentally skipping convos happens sometimes :/) or include a log of some sort.

Selling: easy way to drag and drop buying and selling, so i dont have to accidentally sell something without ever getting it back or paying twice as much to get it back.

Clock: it says pause when I pause, which if i need to do something at a certain time and i forget what time it is, well, i have to waste time to see the time essentially.

Diagonals: Velocity change is kinda frustrating, I'd rather keep pace.

Books: its hard to tell exactly where the location of the books are when reading them in the library

Weapon stats: when selling and buying weapons the items in your bag do not show stats, comparing would be helpful

Storage: Drop items into chests and fridge

Horse talk: player gets off of horse when trying to talk to people

Slingshot: preeeeetttyyy unwieldy, I would prefer to hold/click where im aiming, rather than catapult it, its particularly difficult with widescreen. (Less vertical space, which makes it harder to aim)At least an option would be nice.

Mail: save past mail, just for future reference would be nice

I'm sure ill post more nitpicks as i play. I've been playing harvest moon, rune factory, and the like for the past 11 years, so I'm sure there;s more I can think of. ;)

And please, take these all as just nitpicks and nothing more, simply small things I feel could improve the gameplay and be considered if the time/energy allows, and does NOT reflect on my experience of the game as a whole. Thank you :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
      Gabaw likes this.
    • oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I skip Abigails all the time

• MrsEvilbird

MrsEvilbird Pangalactic Porcupine

This!

• CharmingOwl

CharmingOwl Space Spelunker

Plus: a wardrobe furniture which is usable for changing the outfit from time to time!

Also beards and haircuts/colors could be changable. Hmm...

• nadnadd

nadnadd Tentacle Wrangler

what about go to title screen button? sometimes when i want to change between saves i must close and re-open the game. quite waste of time

• MrsEvilbird

I think this is already a suggestion somewhere :D

• Mr.Mudkipss

Mr.Mudkipss Big Damn Hero

You CAN drop stuff!! Go to your inventory, grab the item, pull it outside the inventory window, and tada! Dropped!

• MrsEvilbird

Easily, problem is that you can't drop stuff without instantly picking it up again, unless ofcourse, you have a full inventory

• Blue

Blue Former Staff

I understand you can outright change your outfit at the wizard after you get 4 hearts. But 500 Gold each time???

Honestly, being able to just buy the 120+ outfits from a shop one by one, would add a nice feature, and another 'collect everything' goal. And then just change at a dresser object you can place in your home.
                    Being able to switch into some winter clothes would be nice. :rofl: (For NPCs too! Poor Emily in her red dress.... brrrr)

All of the clothes assets are in the game already, all that would need to be added is the shop itself, a way to change, and giving each prices.
                    Then there could also be special outfits added to find/earn too.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
                      MrsEvilbird likes this.
                    • kazuutenshii

kazuutenshii Space Hobo

THIS! :mad:
                      plus, to prevent cheating certain things when you replay the whole day all over again (like the mail gifts and whatnot)