1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Gem race 0.1.0 (Sycophantic Pearl)

From the CN cartoon, "Steven Universe".

1. Failbird105

Failbird105 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hey hey hey, you're selling yourself short, most mods hardly have HALF that stuff on first release.

darkcrill likes this.
  2. darkcrill

darkcrill Void-Bound Voyager

yeah most are just reskin (insert race here) with not much to them other then looks. what you have here is A+ work my friend

3. MarxConvarcus

MarxConvarcus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod is looking good! I wanted to make a Gem's race myself but I have no idea how to mod so I've just been writing up ideas really, your pulling it off better than I could have done anyways. If I could make a suggestion it would be to make the Gem's a slightly more special race than all the others, I mean why should a projection of light with mass have the same weaknesses as the other fleshy races? We already know from the show that things like gravity and lack of oxygen don't bother them much so maybe you could implement that?

Also I don't know how possible this is but it would be cool if each Gem had an extra storage space in their gem, kinda like Pearl, to use for items and stuff. Maybe when the mod develops further you could put a specific weapon in that space to summon whenever like in the show and a flashlight that would be projected from the gem too.

4. SpaceDonkeyKong

SpaceDonkeyKong Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've contemplated that, but if I make it so that Gems don't need to eat, can walk through lava and don't need to breathe, they may be a tad overpowered. I can always have an optional patch that does just that though! As for the extra storage, I'll have to see later.

In other, exciting news, while taking a break from working on the respawning animation (which may be too tedious to include in the first release), I've inquired about npc portraits showing up for tenants. There seems to be a small change to make in a vanilla lua file, but the (temporary) result looks something like this:

[​IMG]
    (again, a big thanks to Kawa for identifying just why the portraits wouldn't show up in the first place)

For other tenants, I could have characters wearing temporary clothes (but with the right portrait) and switch the assets later. Once you hire them on your ship, they'll be wearing something completely different anyway, right?

Anyway, thanks for your continued support, I'm looking forward to releasing! I just need to tweak some things, still.

Meganutername, Jin38, Elx and 2 others like this.
  5. Elx

Elx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod looks amazing! I can't wait to try it out!

6. SpaceDonkeyKong

SpaceDonkeyKong submitted a new mod:

Gem race - From the CN cartoon, "Steven Universe".

Read more about this mod...

Meganutername, Elx and Jin38 like this.
  7. SpaceDonkeyKong

8. SJLgamers

SJLgamers Subatomic Cosmonaut

Okay, I haven't played the mod yet, but I will test it out after I have posted this.
    I have a few ideas for this mod.

HOMEWORLD
    You can travel to Homeworld anytime you want. This will also be a place where you can get quests.
    Here you might also get the Ruby ship. If you need any tips for how to make anything as big as that, ask the creator of the Elithian races mod.
    He has a hub for one of his races as well.

INVULNERABILITY

Make them so they don't need air, don't need to eat, but don't make them resistant to lava though.
    It would be pretty strange if they needed air, because they have gone to the moon several times now.
    I would also make them invulnerable to Radiation, as strawberries don't get that big without something affecting it somehow ;)

I wish you great luck with this mod, and if you ever need ideas, I'll probably be around to give you some.

jonathonspy likes this.
  9. SpaceDonkeyKong

10. ObscureDestruction

ObscureDestruction Void-Bound Voyager

So I'm not sure if you need any more help with this mod, but I've made a few weapons and a custom crafting table if you'd like them.

SpaceDonkeyKong likes this.
  11. SpaceDonkeyKong

Yeah, I could always use that! Shoot me a message and I'll have a look at them :)

I've been a little bit quiet, because I've been working on another mod. One that would 1) allow you to have a portrait for your tenants, and 2) allow for multiple portraits, displayed depending on what's being said.
    ... What? Oh! I've neglected to add that I've been working on tenants, too. They're still wearing a space suit instead of their clothes, and they don't have dialogue, but they're here. Now, what does the mod look like with the custom tenants? Like this!

[​IMG]
    Pictured above: temporary default portrait (it's a bit too silly for a default face), grumble face (when you take away stuff, break the walls, or put another deed there), severe grumble face. With a bit of time, there will be faces for when (not-yet-implemented) guards attack targets, for example.

12. ObscureDestruction

ObscureDestruction Void-Bound Voyager

alright sounds cool!

How should I message you?

13. Vegetable Lamb

Vegetable Lamb Existential Complex

14. SpaceDonkeyKong

You seem to have a mod that has a material ID that conflicts with mine. Since I claimed that ID on the official wiki page, I can't really help. Some other mod's using ID 15000 and should really get an ID range of their own.

ObscureDestruction: You can click on my profile and click "Start a conversation" :)

Also, my silence still has the same cause as before: I'm progressing on the tenants! Look!

[​IMG]
    I might redo those weapons because they look a little big. But there's progress and I'll soon be able to move on to portraits.
    Plus, those clothes could double as tiered armours, when you think about it. Armours with status effects.

Elx, Alkanthe and Jin38 like this.
  15. Jin38

Jin38 Void-Bound Voyager

So is this still being worked on? I've been following it from the beginning and there have been understandable pauses in dev, but its been almost a month now with no word from anyone...

16. SpaceDonkeyKong

Sorry, sorry! I've had a lot of stuff going on, and between game events and real-life stuff taking all my energy and attention, I've been neglecting this mod a bit, even though I like it very much and it's been bothering me as much as it's been bothering the users.
    I'm now trying my best to give the tenants a little bit of polish, which includes portraits for dialogue. It's a bit more time-consuming that I would've hoped.

I've also enlisting some local help :)

jonathonspy likes this.
  17. Jincko_S!Z_X

Jincko_S!Z_X Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can try to make some sprites (like canon charaters clothes or somthin' like this).
    And so I can try to make more gem placement options.
    Yeah..

18. 14 TeV

14 TeV Intergalactic Tourist

Is there an itemName for the ship's teleporter? I'd really like to place gem warp pads everywhere.

19. Everglass

Everglass Void-Bound Voyager

Your mod has encouraged me to look up the show and now I'm a huge fan of the series.

Please, I need this mod in my life.

20. VooVo

VooVo Aquatic Astronaut

Wow.... This is amazing. The last post I saw was in November, You guys still doing this or has it been dropped?