1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Gem race 0.1.0 (Sycophantic Pearl)

From the CN cartoon, "Steven Universe".

1. darkcrill

darkcrill Void-Bound Voyager

i think fusion might be to hard to do

2. SpaceDonkeyKong

SpaceDonkeyKong Subatomic Cosmonaut

At my level of modding skill, and with the fact that I don't have as much free time as I'd like (I'm employed, not a student, so I'm not on vacation right now), I can say for certain that fusion will sadly not be a thing in this mod. I mean, the game can't make up a fusion between your player character and another gem, because software's notoriously lacking in imagination.

Regarding an early release, I'd like to avoid releasing before I'm done with some important features. What I call "important features" is anything that'd require a character restart to be implemented. Please be patient, I'm trying to regularly post updates so that people don't believe I've given up, but I can only work so fast.

EDIT: Currently working on Sugilite's flail. It works like a whip, but anything it strikes will EXPLODE. While not final tier, it's an extremely dangerous weapon that should probably mostly be used for demolition purposes and in (unbreakable) dungeons.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Meganutername likes this.
  3. darkcrill

take all the time you need this in on way should be a chore.

4. Failbird105

Failbird105 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I remember that one of the armor sets you were considering was Peridots limb enhancers, I don't know if that changed or not, but what I do know is that they will likely be kinda awkward to make. Mainly the arm ones, because weapons are placed very precisely on the characters hand. Therefor any weapon used while wearing them would clip through them, not to mention that they wouldn't really show the amount of utility the real limb enhancers do. So here's my suggestion(I might think of stats for them later, but because of what Peridot is and what the intended use for this equipment is, I think it shouldn't provide a lot of actual armor or attack damage, but give a lot of energy, but that's just me):

Technicians set

Head:
    Technicians visor(just the basic visor that Peridot wore.)

Chest:
    Technicians jumpsuit(Peridots outfit, possibly including limb enhancers if you feel like it.)

Legs:
    Technician leg enhancers(self explanatory, the leg limb enhancers with the leg portion of Peridots outfit)

Weapon of the same tier:
    Arm limb enhancers
    should have flashlight, spray'n pray, or energy lance as special(or possibly a variation for each, but that might be more effort then it is worth)

(I was considering a few one handed variants as well, One of which would have been a parasol to represent helicopter mode, and another might have been a mining tool, and there definitely would have been a melee fist one.)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  5. d1larosa1

d1larosa1 Orbital Explorer

Are you gonna make like kindergarden biomes or planets? That would be awesome

6. SpaceDonkeyKong

I haven't worked on the limb enhancers yet but when I do, I'll check what's feasible or not. If I can get a blaster to align well with the character's arms, I'll go for that, otherwise I'll think of something else. As for additional functions, I'll be adding them if I can, after releasing the Peridot arm-gun MK I, I suppose.

I hope to make kindergartens a thing, either by making them mini-biomes, or "villages".

In other development news, sneak peek of the (oversized) Replicator Wand, which Gems can craft instead of the Ferozium Wand.

You'll never need a Dave Guy again.

[​IMG]

7. d1larosa1

Just checking up on anything new going down?

8. SpaceDonkeyKong

Always. Sadly, because I work full time, I only get to work on the equivalent of one weapon per weekday. Now that the weekend is here, I can probably do a little more.

The top-tier bow is mostly made. It shoots an energy arrow that, after a split-second, splits into several parallel arrows.
    [​IMG]

9. d1larosa1

Awesome :D

10. SpaceDonkeyKong

Progress report! Almost all weapons are done. Currently trying to give them cool alt abilities if I can pull it off.
    I've added the Breaking Point, which does high damage but only point blank, a hydrokinesis staff that can summon a controlled orb or water Gleaps, currently working on Peridot's blaster.
    I think that for the first release, I'll keep cloned human armours and add better ones post-release. But there's still a couple of things to prepare still!

11. darkcrill

that is great thank you so much for all your hard work.

12. d1larosa1

Im so excited

13. SpaceDonkeyKong

After extensive rooting into the guts of vanilla weapon and lots of frustration, I give you... the Peri-Blaster, mark I. For all your "flying away while cackling and calling people clods" needs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Elx, mercuriies, darkcrill and 3 others like this.
  14. Alpha_StevO

Alpha_StevO Phantasmal Quasar

Good to see such a complicated weapon put into action! Just recolor the effects to be green, and make the 'fingers' bounce back on blast and it'll be perfect in my book!

15. d1larosa1

Ah man you're so talented

16. SpaceDonkeyKong

All right! Now the mod's entering the phase where I check for stuff I may have forgotten. It shouldn't be too long before release now. Then I'll be able to work on some more different-looking armour features like furniture and such.

Jin38 and darkcrill like this.
  17. devoted99

devoted99 Aquatic Astronaut

This is awesome. Will we get a release date or are you a Chucklefish employee? :p

18. Popcccc

Popcccc Master Chief

wew peridot rave

19. SpaceDonkeyKong

I ought to be done this weekend, although that means some testing would be left to you guys. Some features will also be implemented later, so the early release of the Gem mod will be somewhat bare-bones, compared to other race mods that have been around for a while:

First release will INCLUDE:
    Hair Options
    Character Creation Icons
    Custom Starter Outfits
    Tiered Weapons
    Name Generator (now with facet and cut)
    Custom Ship
    Custom S.A.I.L
    Custom Species Flag
    Custom Ship Pet

I haven't finished the respawn animation, but I could probably hack one together real quick and improve it later.

Elx, Jin38 and darkcrill like this.
  20. d1larosa1

Oh booy