Gate the horse can pass through?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by queertactics, Jan 11, 2017.

1. queertactics

queertactics Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello friends!!

I'm having one heck of a time trying to figure out how to keep my darn chickens from running amok all over my farm, while still being able to travel everywhere on horseback.

The save file I'm working on rn is the fishing layout, so the angles I'm having to put the gates at is the real problem. Does anyone know, like, the specifications for what your horse can and cannot pass through? Is it two squares of space on each side? (But then, he can walk on the small plank bridges all over my farm just fine...)

Any and all help is appreciated!

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

My horse can get through the gate just fine if he's facing north-south, so you should be able to place gates that way. I'm not entirely sure about going east-west though.

nevyn21 likes this.
      • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

The horse can get through the gate no matter which direction it's turned.

nevyn21 likes this.
        • Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I find it odd that the horse can go through narrow places when going east or west but seems to be two tiles wide when going north or south.

• queertactics

queertactics Subatomic Cosmonaut

yeah!! that's what I think it is!! Cause my east-west gates work fine but my north-south ones don't!!

i ended up just sacrificing the potential grass-land and cut everything off into straight fences with east-west facing gates, so I could get through reliably. looks better, too. oh well!! this was probably a dumb thread, thanks for answering everyone!! <3