1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Gardenbot 2.1 -- REBOOTED -- 2.1.1.6

Robotic Farming ... IN SPACE! - Supports modded plants! - Cheerful 1.3.4

1. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

LoPhatKao submitted a new mod:

Gardenbot 2.0 -- REBOOTED -- - Robotic Farming ... IN SPACE!

Read more about this mod...

2. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Tried it out with my version of Ore Plants. So far, it looks like most item and object plants work okay. It doesn't like the liquid, ore or composite plants. Looks like it may not be able to deal with crafting objects for drops in general. Random generating weapon drops are also something it seems to not be able to deal with. However, materiel drops like dirt it seems to be able to deal with alright. Also, food drops seem to work alright.

So, compatibility is not perfect, but it's still usable for most of my plants with this initial version. If there's any way that I can make my mod more comparable let me know. I do love gardening.

LoPhatKao likes this.
  3. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

well, as of right now it uses treasurepool name itself to generate loot (last function in harvestState.lua)... was going to work on compatibility, then saw blog post about new farming system, so decided to rush release..
    in nightly theres apparently a 'world.spawnTreasure()' call, that takes a poolname .. so in future, compatibility will not be an issue
    only thing i can see to improve compatibility at moment is to write a whole seperate parser/generator to handle non-vanilla pools - non optimal but would work

4. Taliona

Taliona Big Damn Hero

I have a problem.:wtf:
    the Bots plant the seeds ( i use now Wheat and all the vanilla ones ) but they don't harvest them when they full grow. :confused:

5. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Due to permissions issues, I think it woild be best if you changed the name of the farming robot to something else, and replace any image assets from the old GardenBot mod with new, unique art assets (if not done already). This way, you can circumvent any legal issues that may remove this mod from the repository.

6. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

LoPhatKao updated Gardenbot 2.0 -- REBOOTED -- with a new update entry:

More Frackin' Plants+ ! - Major Compatibility Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

7. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

let me know if you're experiencing freeze lag
    may need to move pooldata to a local instead of a global

8. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

LoPhatKao likes this.
  9. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

ah yea the avali plants, should be simple now, original harvestpool parser couldnt make heads or tails of it
    ( I see they havent changed since 1.3.3, i already had that version)
    will be in next update

general news:
    thought i had found a better way to do trreasurepools than that huge table, but sadly nope :(
    have moved huge table to a local variable of the only function that needed access to full thing,
    this made it easy to fix 2kbpotage, so Oreplants+is now at 100% compatibility :)
    will be in next update

have also been keeping an eye on logs, have not seen the callScriptedEntity spam.. so maybe fixed? yay if so

next update timeline: within 24 hours of this post

edit: it took 26 hours... I had a nap >.>

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  10. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

Robo-Ritalin Edition

11. Taliona

Taliona Big Damn Hero

i try many vanilla and mod plants some work but give seed fruid and a pefect thing but mostly they plant only and never harvest them :confused:

12. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

whoops lol.. had a bug in harvest that made vanilla plants only drop seed >.>
    next update has this fixed ( side effect of code i had added to rc3 to make 'recognized' harvestpools drop seed if it doesnt spawn any loot - needed another crosscheck that pool existed )

in next update I have also fixed many other longstanding bugs
    - the callScriptedEntity error is totally gone, was from bots not knowing their targeted plant had been harvested and trying to harvest empty spaces
    - MAJOR lag inducing code in plantstate - bot used to look for a spot, then check for a seed to plant, changed so checks for seed first -- no seed = no looking for a place to plant
    (this bug bothered me ALOT lol .. knew had something to do with the improvements I added to make bots smarter about how/where to plant
    - also reduced by half the amount of spaces it checks for planting (only looks in facing direction, not in both directions)
    - update Ram's Oreplants+ to v10.0 & add the OPP/FU addon .. which I didnt realize was missing

will release after work today (aug 1), not done updating OPP pools atm.

13. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

You need to get this update...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  14. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

upcoming in rc5:
    harvestpool for bamboo+reeds mod - only 2 entries, super easy
    small tweak to planting - tries to plant more seeds before depositing
    timing change for deposit - wait at least 60 secs after successful deposit, before trying again

.. and more to come :D

debugging ^.^
    gb_debug.png

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  15. ravidor.pro124

ravidor.pro124 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

that mod is relly cool else i found out that some bots can collect any obeject and put it into any container vanilla or moded!
    i did some reserch and puted some robots (81 g i just killed one to check) in my ship and used the item broadcast mod to put connected chests all over the ship and threw some items in the ship and they collected it and it was edventuly all in the chests (that are connected)

16. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

yep, bot works well with item broadcaster... unless IB takes the seeds.. then bot cant plant
    (in the 'debugging' pic you can see some IB nodes above chests)

any container of any size will work with bot, as long as it has
    Code:
    "category" : "storage",

in the .object file

I didn't point things like this out in mainpost, as I felt bot 'should just work' when you spawn it - bot will even use wall hanging storage, like shiplockers or storage lockers :D

only thing that won't work correctly 'out of the box' is if you are using unsupported mod plants - but even thats easy to fix (if ppl request it)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  17. ravidor.pro124

ravidor.pro124 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

on the way can you please add bots that walk on the cieling for vines and other mods?[DOUBLEPOST=1438587648][/DOUBLEPOST]else if you wannt to im a new modder and im trying to build my first mod but im not so good with taxturing so ill maybe need a partner.
    i have a great unused idea for a mod and i know how to build it but i need some help to get texturing.
    if your in please reply:DD

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  18. horiaonofrei

horiaonofrei Guest

Unfortunately the garden bots will just eat all the ore plants seeds, if you put 3 dirt block seeds, it will harvest the first and yield no seed, then the other 2 plants which will yield one seed each. Next harvest will have only one plant drop seed, and next one, no more plants.
    The bots fail to re-plant ore plant seeds which is quite sad
    Also I can't figure out how to make them hoe the rest of the farm terrain, I hoe some dirt blocks, and it just goes around waiting for the plants to grow.

19. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

thought to myself at work today - "I should add a more in depth guide for gardenbot" then get home and find this post lol
    only v80 does hoe-ing (on dirt, not stone)
    v81 will mine surface ore
    v82 spreads grass, as does v86
    as for the seed issue.. which oreplant mod are you using? if it's greenram's oreplants+ there shouldnt be a problem.. unless theres an issue with its harvestpool..will take a peek at that (but i can't see anything wrrong with it :/ )
    if it's not then id need a link to mod, so i can add it's harvestpool data, so it will then work :D
    if you can, look at or post the part of your starbound.log file when you know bots were harvesting the dirt plants
    should maybe say something like "Error: Could not instantiate item"

sorry man, i can't draw my way out of a wet paper bag with a sharp pencil :(

if theres a mod out there that adds seeds for hanging vines, then link me to it and ill add a wall/ceiling walker - but afaik, vines only 'grow' during world generation :( would be cool tho
    v86 can harvest vines tho :D

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  20. horiaonofrei

horiaonofrei Guest

I use the only good and working ore plant version, RAM's
    I also checked the logs, I couldn't find anything about any seeds or anything relevant to that, instead I found terramart and other things from YSC, so nevermind that idea
    So yeah, It still wastes seeds and I can't do anything about it

Also, I haven't looked at the capture pod plants, are the bots able to harvest these kind of plants?