1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Gameservers Starbound Server Never Works

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by trickyhunter213, Oct 12, 2017.

1. trickyhunter213

trickyhunter213 Void-Bound Voyager

I have tried everything known to man to get mods to work on their servers and nothing works. Frackin' Universe and Races never works and when I think it does there is always a error. I tried several other mods and when I think it is working I get a error called "Exception Caught in Client Main Loop." Nothing works. My question is it a waste of time and money to bother with Gameservers anymore? While the staff is helpful and knows more than I do, I feel like every single time there is a error . . . . they never fix it or point me in the right direction to fix it.

2. Mirai1031

Mirai1031 Space Hobo

I'd say submit a ticket to see what they can do. I have the exact same problem. I install the .pak file in the Mods folder. Subscribe to it on my end but nothing works.

3. I wouldn't recommend those kinds of servers for any game. They would be ran on a horrid system of sharing where you have 0 control over anything. They don't even explain what kind of computer your game will be hosted on, it is obviously shared, but it doesn't say how.

OVH has the best deal, which ends up being like 100 a month for a window server, but if you dont have that much, this is a good alternative. NFO servers does a decent deal for 40 bucks a month. With that 4 core, you could handle prolly like 15 or so people easily. Starbound though uses alot of cpu once you get alot of people, so if you were trying to host like 50 you would be better off with the ovh 6700k. If you only want to play with a few people, most computers could already handle that. It uses about 100kpbs upload per person.