1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Gamefiles Crash on Opening

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by KiraMarie, May 17, 2018.

1. KiraMarie

KiraMarie Seal Broken

When I tried to play Stardew with my friend yesterday it wasn't working, and not only that but 2/3 of my save files seem to be corrupted! The one file that isn't corrupted has't been opened in a long time - since before I switched to beta. I should have over 100 hours in one save, and maybe 4hrs in the other, which I started recently. I attempted to restore from a backup from a week ago, but had the same issue. I'm running Sierra 10.12.6 on my mac. The issue happens in widescreen or windowed mode - doesn't matter. I wasn't able to find any error logs.

Build ID: 1949708

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

That error is due to the fact that Beta saves aren't backwards compatible. You need to opt back into the Beta to play those 2 files.

Or, I noticed you mentioned having backups. As long as they're backups that weren't saved in the Beta, you should be okay.
      But, if you have Steam Cloud sync enabled. You might have to disable it temporarily; as it could be overwriting your attempt to restore your backups.

• illogicalGhost

illogicalGhost Space Hobo

Mine has the exact same issue. Steam downloaded an update, then I opened the game and the files were just like that. I opted back into the beta but I'm still having the same issue. Neither of my files are playable, and I have no chance of recovery because they were created under the beta.

• KiraMarie

KiraMarie Seal Broken

Thank you! That fixed my issue, I had no idea my automatic update would turn off beta

MysticTempest likes this.
          • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

You might need to verify your files a few times. There's been reports of Steam still showing as opted into the Beta, but having the wrong files. If it still doesn't work after that. Zip up your save & post it here, and I'll take a look.

Glad, you got it working! Yea, I've been hearing reports about Steam being kind of finicky lately; causing issues on top of the Beta.