1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game Won't Start + Tab Out Issue

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Emerald Orbit, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Emerald Orbit

Emerald Orbit Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am having two separate problems, one on startup and one while playing. I have played before (had it since first beta) and these are new issues, but I haven't played the game in about a year.

When I launch the game, either through Steam or directly from the exe, somewhere between the CF logo and hitting "start game" on the main menu (timing varies) the game will lock up and become unresponsive and have to be force closed. I have uninstalled, unsubscribed from all mods, deleted the whole SB folder, and reinstalled, to no improvement.

Also, on the off chance that I do manage to get the game running, if I tab out and back the whole game freezes. I can still hear it, and if I pause the game I can hear the cursor moving over the menu buttons when I move my mouse so it is taking input, but the graphics are frozen.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. MarauderKnight3

MarauderKnight3 Void-Bound Voyager

Instead of using fullscreen, I suggest using borderless window. In addition, turn off vsync in starbound.config, and turn off the discord overlay. Those cause problems anyway.