1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game wont Launch through steam

Discussion in 'Support' started by nmiklave, Nov 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nmiklave

nmiklave Space Hobo

I got this game yesterday because it was on sale and my friends said I should. I downloaded it and went to play it, but it would say running for a few seconds and then stop with nothing happening. I tried downloading it on a different computer and it worked. I looked at the known issues thread (http://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/1/405692758719179216) and followed the steps listed under "Game not starting" such as launching from local files, creating the file myself in %appdata%, and checking the sound card drivers, all to no avail. I'm getting close to just refunding it but I still really want to give it a try.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• nmiklave

nmiklave Space Hobo

@Pathoschild

I run the installer, and it gives me the option to repair or remove since it is already installed. I attempt to repair it and get the following message: "Module C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\XNA\Framework\Shared\xnavisualizer.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147024703. Contact your support personnel".