1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game will not launch

Discussion in 'Support' started by pengwenpenguin, Jan 10, 2019.

1. pengwenpenguin

pengwenpenguin Space Hobo

I've been having some issues getting my copy of stardew (purchased on steam) to launch.

I click on either the icon on my desktop, select to play the game in steam, or attempt to run the game straight from the exe file, and every time steam says the game is "running" for a few seconds, and then the status disappears like nothing has happened. I've tried almost every solution I can think of and that I could find on the internet. I tried the solution with the sound drivers, uninstalling, reinstalling, and repairing the xna 4.0 file, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, verifying the integrity of the game files within steam, and even trying to download and play the game on an entirely different computer with all the same solutions, and nothing has worked.

I feel like I'm at quite a loss now and have no idea what to do to fix this. Stardew is honestly my favorite game of all time and I would be absolutely heartbroken if this error makes me unable to play my favorite game anymore. If somebody has literally any kind of advice for me, please let me know. Thank you <3