1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game seems really zoomed in

Discussion in 'Support' started by Chleiya, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Chleiya

Chleiya Phantasmal Quasar

The game seems really zoomed in for me and I cant see much of the surrounding,i m playing on windows 7.

• annachibi

annachibi Phantasmal Quasar

Have you tried changing the Resolution in Options?

• Chleiya

Tried all resolutions and display settings, it didnt work

• Chleiya

It looks like this

Attached Files:

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Is the monitor size big enough

• annachibi

That looks about normal...

• Chleiya

It doesnt seem as zoomed out as the pics i see around.

• annachibi

I'm pretty sure some of those pics are really composite screenshots. I've seen one that showed the whole farm field but there's no way you could see all that at once in the game.

• Chleiya

I watched the videos streamed on youtube, theirs looked significantly different from mine. Especially when. The mc is outdoors

• annachibi

Actually, you're right. o_O I guess I must be having the same problem then, because mine is just like yours. No wonder I keep getting lost! :rofl:

• MrPG

MrPG Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Those streams and yt vids are mostly in 1080p and resolution of your laptop's screen is much lower - probably 1366x768. Lower resolution less stuff on screen, simple. You can try to force your drivers to render in higher resolutions either by DSR/VSR or simply by adding some custom resolutions.

• annachibi

Hmm I'm using 1600x900 but my laptop can't go to 1920x1080. I tried going to VSR but it looks like my computer doesn't have the option because my monitor is analog or something like that. :(

• MrPG

MrPG Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Then look for something like "non-standard" resolution settings. I'm not sure about AMD but this is the name in NVIDIA and IntelGraphics settings.

• Chleiya

I feel your pain.

• annachibi

Well, I managed to get up to 1080i by plugging in to my tv! But honestly, I don't think it makes TOO much of a difference. The game is still playable at a lower resolution... you just might need to check the map more often lol

• Boozelboozel

Boozelboozel Space Hobo

It's definitely way too zoomed in, intentional or not. In the first place it doesn't look like this on all the streams and YT vids I've seen. Everything is much bigger in my game. And I'm using a 20 inch 1080p monitor.

It's a little disorienting to stare at such big sprites so much too, because you can just tell they were meant to be smaller than this.

• annachibi

Is yours actually set to 1080p? If so, you might try disabling DPI in your display settings (if your computer is set to magnify things more than 100%) and in the game's properties. Hopefully that will fix it.

• Boozelboozel

Boozelboozel Space Hobo

Why would I ever not have my 1080p monitor set to 1080p?

And yes, I tried that. Tried in both fullscreen and windowed. As well as fiddling with various Nvidia control panel options and even registry settings. None of them fixed it. This is a bug, no two ways about it.

• MrPG

MrPG Scruffy Nerf-Herder

From what I see the game visual side is in popular retro style ( pixeal art ). You can forget about smooth super HD like elements and sharp edges with AA artifacts on top of that.
                                        If you have element on the screen and his size is like 1/4 of your screen resloution ( all in pixels ) then how many elements like this one you will be able to fit in visible area ?
                                        It is not a bug it is just a lack of zoom feature that in most cases can be baypassed by forcing higher than supported resolutions in drivers.
                                        Example in 4k ( 16:10 ) where my native is 1680x1050. Now watch it at 100% zoom and tell me that you are getting something different when in game:
                                        [​IMG]

• Thiagoh92

Thiagoh92 Orbital Explorer

I was playing in windowed mode this whole time, there's a big difference now...

Attached Files: