1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game opens with in a huge resolution and a black screen

Discussion in 'Support' started by wugh, Apr 14, 2019.

1. wugh

wugh Space Hobo

I've owned Stardew Valley for a while now, and this recent issue has cropped up. All the fixes I looked up have done nothing to this and I love this game too much to not try to get it to work. So as annoyed as I am at this hiccup, I thought right here was a good place to solve this problem.

I have two screens of different resolutions. When I open the game, it opens on the left in HUGE resolution (my computer said and offered a warning message that no longer pops up) and it's just a black screen. It will mess with my other screen too. One time, it smooshed something off-screen somehow and it was a whole ordeal to get it back because I had the window on the other half of the opposite screen. Anything on my right screen will be nabbed to be on the left after I close the game. I can't see ANYTHING but if I look at the taskbar, it'll show the screen and if I hit just right, the menu button noises sound off.

I've tried changing things in the source notes, booting in windowed via steam, even deleting to redownload the game among other things. Nothing so far works. Any ideas as to how to get my game properly run again?

• Pookis

Pookis Orbital Explorer

I've got a few Questions, first off does this happen with any other game? If so check out the manufacturers website, I'm sure they'll have some sort of info. On that note what monitor(s) are you using? This happened to me and It started working again when I went from 2 monitors (the HP VH240a) To a better, singular monitor (OMEN X) So maybe try temporarily turning off the other monitor. (Note, some monitors don't let you do that if its a connected dual.) If none of those work just send a reply and I'll try to see if I can find anything else that might work. :)