1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game only saves when I leave the Farmhouse (PC)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Powerwing Amber, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Powerwing Amber

Powerwing Amber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I noticed a very weird issue that happens once my Farmer goes to bed.

I'll go to bed, click 'Yes' to sleep, the typical Zzzs come out, but then it doesn't go to the end-of-day status screen, nor does it save. The clock continues running and I can move my farmer as if I never went to bed in the first place.

The only way I can get the status screen to pop up (and save the game) is to walk out of the farmhouse. I still get full energy/health, no collapsing. I start the next morning standing outside healthy, but no music will play until I leave the farm entirely. (Going into a house, barn, greenhouse, ext. won't fix the music problem).

This does not crash the game or cause any unwanted effects (aside from the music), but it is a really odd bug and I'm wondering how that can be fixed, especially if it's a problem on my end.

I'm playing the PC version of Stardew Valley (single player) with the most recent version (1.3.32) with the following mods:

TimeSpeed (v. 2.4)
    RemoteFridgeStorage (v. 1.4.5 - BETA)
    HorseWhistle (v. 1.2.2)

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

This is a common problem with modded farmhouse maps that aren't updated for version 1.3 (there are some new tile properties needed on the bed now).

• Powerwing Amber

Oh, I forgot about the non-SMAPI mods I have. They're mostly just minor changes to the sprites, like changing the cat's and cows' colors and having wild flowers outside that change with the seasons.

I think the biggest change I used that affects the farmhouse is the one where it removes the crib and two beds from the upstairs kids room. I did that so I could put a bunch of kegs up there.

I do remember the official Stardew update replaced that mod with the vanilla one, so I had to change it back. Would that somehow affect the sleep/save cycle?

• Powerwing Amber

Yep. Turns out that was the issue. Replaced the modded tile set files with the vanilla ones to check and everything seems to be working as normal again. It even fixed the fireplace and fade effects when going through doors that I never noticed before, until now.

Guess I'll have to find a replacement for the old mod files, but thank you for pointing me in the right direction. ^_^