Game often has to "catch up" with me

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Another Kevin, Jul 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

Played the tutorial, ( finally got my hands on 1.0) aaaand, i beamed down to the planet aaand..

Monsters that i hit froze, damage stacked up and hit all at once, while the monsters froze, i couldn't place blocks , as soon as the monsters quit their freezing state, the blocks were placed.

I let the world load for a good 5 minutes, and still the monsters and blocks fall behind whenever i do a few things.

Any advice to prevent that?

Specs:

processor : AMD Phenom (tm) X4 995 Processor 3.19 GHz

Ram: 4 GB

Graphixxx Card : NVid GForce GTX 650 Ti

RinneHellscythe likes this.
  2. Urswine

Urswine Space Hobo

I have exactly the same issue as you. Haven't found a solution yet and as far as I know the devs haven't acknowledged the issue yet, even though I've seen people having the same issues in 2 year old threads. Unfortunate because I'd really like to enjoy this game.

3. Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

This is going to sound really strange, but try disconnecting your computer from the internet entirely before you launch the game. I have heard that due to the game bizarrely running single-player on a server, it is possible to get server latency in single-player. I don't really know what to say about those 2+ year old threads, since I'm pretty sure this particular bit wasn't in the game back then.