1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game Loads a Very Old Save File

Discussion in 'Support' started by Toshido201, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Toshido201

Toshido201 Big Damn Hero

My wife and I have a multiplayer farm we've been working on periodically for about a week and are up to somewhere in late Fall Year 1, however, today we went to play it and the save file reads 22nd of Spring. Loading that file shows that the farm looks as it did on that day (i.e. haphazard and nothing like it should now).

I attempted to get the _old save file to load and it seems to be the same day and progress.
    I am up to date with the most recent stable version of the game and playing through Steam with cloud sync enabled.

The weirdest part is that we had stopped and played this file a few times since it was the 22nd of Spring. Each time it loaded the correct day and we didn't have any noticeable issues saving and loading.

• Toshido201

Toshido201 Big Damn Hero

After some careful thought, what comes to mind as possibly being part of the core issue, is that I've played this file on two different Windows computers with both of them being shared between two people with different Steam accounts. I did check the files present on the other computer, and, before syncing with the Steam cloud, the save file displayed 22nd of Spring. After downloading the files from the Steam cloud, the file still displayed the 22nd of Spring.