1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game keeps crashing randomly after 10ish minutes

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by guitarchika, Apr 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. guitarchika

guitarchika Intergalactic Tourist

Well, I'm not sure what else to say. Starbound keeps crashing after roughly 10 minutes of play with no mods. I've tried deleting and reinstalling Starbound. Deleting and reinstalling Starbound AND Steam. Checked permissions. Closed NVIDIA GeForce Experience. I even reinstalled Windows 10! I installed some mods after I reinstalled Windows 10 and it still kept crashing. I was getting the crashes before the mods, and my boyfriend is able to use the same mods with no stability issues on his computer, so I don't believe they have any effect on the crashing. I love the game but the crashes are really interfering. I've attached my log. (I think?)

Any advice is appreciated. I'd love to be able to play.

Attached Files:

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

with the no mods tests, did you make sure you also had no steam mods?

3. guitarchika

Yes. It was a completely fresh install, no mods whatsoever.

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

It's maybe related to the "Slow_Hunger" mod or directly the "avali drone pet" mod. You game tries to access a non-existent script which causes this error.

~ Iris ~

5. guitarchika

I don't believe mods are the issue. The crashing is happening without the mods installed as well.

6. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

When removing mods on an existing universe it's pretty much normal that it will crash because it will try to access nonexistent content.
    Which brings me to another conclusion: Have you removed one or more mods before this issue started to happen?

~ Iris ~

7. guitarchika

It's been happening ever since I first purchased and installed the game, completely fresh, no mods. I installed some mods my boyfriend uses issue free after I reinstalled the game, steam, and even windows. The crashes have remained the same. I'll wipe it again and post a mod-free log.

8. guitarchika

Sorry for the delay. Did a full wipe again and reinstalled with no mods. Played a bit and I'm still crashing at the same rate. Here's the log.

Attached Files: