1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Game is dead now that RoR announced?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mudlab, Jul 13, 2017.

1. mudlab

mudlab Void-Bound Voyager

This game still has desync issues (on both the PC and PS4), but with Risk of Rain 2 announced, is Risk of Rain 1 now essentially abandoned? I know the PS4 version was ported by Code Mystics, which probably means even less of a chance. I know plenty of people that still play Risk of Rain 1 and encounter this issue, and have been waiting for a patch for a long time.

• FoggyDownpour

FoggyDownpour Intergalactic Tourist

I've been wondering this as well. I really hope that they come back to the first game after they finish the second, but with only two people working on it, I don't know how much of a reality that is. They are going to have their hands full with bug fixes and other such things for RoR2 once that comes out and probably won't have time for both games.

• Saturnyoshi

Saturnyoshi Aquatic Astronaut

It is not dead!
        I'm currently developing Risk of Rain Mod Loader, a mod that acts as an unofficial update, fixing every known bug, and, more importantly, adding powerful mod support using the Lua scripting language. Hopoo knows about the mod, too, we've talked a bit, and he's even helped me a little (And he even seems to be a bit excited about it himself).
        We've also got a discord server which is fairly active for a game this many years old, you can find it here.